Interior Smell - Cat Piss Edition

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a roller earlier today. The dude I bought it from had the full interior (which was stored separately in a barn.) I took the interior with the car. The problem is there were 30+ (not exaggerating) cats in this barn. So the interior reeks of cat piss (or stench, whatever it is.) The seats appear to be vinyl. Do you guys know of anything I can use to get the stink off these seats and interior panels?

Thanks!

OP
Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is that your way of saying I can't get it out? Its a clean interior, it just smells.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Cat piss is almost impossible to get out of fabrics or cushioning. If it is only on the vinyl/plastic you might be ok. I have thrown a bed away before because of one incident of male cat piss.

OP
Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Idk if they actually pissed right on it, but the entire barn reeked of it, so it like soaked in.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree. Cat piss pretty much won't come out. You could always try that urine gone stuff they sell for carpets. It is supposed to have enzymes that break down urine.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Take a black light to it as well. I think pee shows up under that. If there is no pee on it maybe you can just air it out and keep spraying some type of baking soda product on it?

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I agree. Cat piss pretty much won't come out. You could always try that urine gone stuff they sell for carpets. It is supposed to have enzymes that break down urine.
this. Have you tried anything?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
after some quick research, I can confirm you are definitely fucked. The smell can only be reduced, not completely taken care of.

OP
Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
What if I reupholster the seat? Should I just toss it out and start over?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
after some quick research, I can confirm you are definitely fucked. The smell can only be reduced, not completely taken care of.
X2

Ive thrown away 3 couches including a nice ass leather one because the cat piss ALWAYS wins. Youll cover it up but the second water touches it, it reeks like it just happened

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
You could use it as a template for a new interior but I agree with everybody else, if the cat piss has touched the foam it's never coming out, I have tossed 2 couches due to cat piss

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If its in the foam yea. There's an enzymatic cleaner called urine off that was made to clean prisons. I'd clean it with that then febreeze the shit out of them.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
you will be constantly cleaning and messing with them. you will never get rid of it, you will only reduce the smell. i would personally ditch it, but then again some people might be able to tolerate the smell of piss with the are driving down the road every day, im just not one of those people.

OP
Sprayin

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
If its in the foam yea. There's an enzymatic cleaner called urine off that was made to clean prisons. I'd clean it with that then febreeze the shit out of them.
Ill try that out then. I'm not sure if its in the foam or not. What about the plastic panels? Those should clean up fine right?

HILROD

Reaction score
You can get the smell out of carpet all the panels, the seats are harder. A stupid cat snuck into my garage and got into a car and stunk it up. I took all the interior out and pretreated it with cleaner and fabrise. Then I powerwashed all the fabric. The foam got soaked in a bucket a few times. When it dried out it didn't smell anymore.

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
First thing you are going to need to do is clean everything really well.
Then you can try this
CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml.

You also may need to rent an Ozone generator.

If you want to go the cheap route you can try an odor bomb, but I am not sure how long it will work especially with that much cat piss over the years.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ill try that out then. I'm not sure if its in the foam or not. What about the plastic panels? Those should clean up fine right?
Plastic should clean up just fine.

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
I told you mustangs are for pussies, jeff..get a real mans car. A grand prix!

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
1. Buy second roller/vehicle.
2. Swap interiors.
3. Febreeze the ever living shit out of second car.
4. Sell car to unsuspecting buyer.
5. ???
6. Profit? Probably gunna sell it at a loss but you'll have a fresh interior lol

muskie

Reaction score
Only thing I can recommend would be soak the shit out of the interior with an Enzyme Cleaner. That should help break down some of the "stain". Cat piss and gas aren't just odors on fabrics, they are actually more of a stain. They never really fully come out.

The only thing that has a chance of actually eliminating it would be some kind of enzyme cleaner. Maybe Bob or Kevin or another one of the detailers can give their opinion on this. Enzyme treatment, shampoo, enzyme treatment again, shampoo then dry. Make sure to put some fans on it or stick it out in the warm sun. Mold smells just as bad at cat piss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom