Interior Paint/Roll Cage HELP

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I finally had the roll bar installed this week. It turned out great and the installer did a great job. Nice placement and clean install.

I’ll post pictures later.

The problem is that I am not happy with the paint color.
I painted it over the weekend and when we looked at the paint that was supposed to match the interior, it wasn’t even close. We tried to bring it closer, but it still isn’t right. But we had to get something on it and what we had was better than nothing.

Can anyone help me with a paint code/formula that will work for Imron or similar paint that I can re-coat the bar with? Something I can walk into the paint supplier with and tell him to mix. They obviously can’t figure it out on their own. I am trying to match the charcoal gray of the interior so that the bar blends in with the interior.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
We tried that at a paint shop and these idiots came up with a really dark blue almost black tinted paint that we had to doctor up and even then that didn't work. I even brought an interior piece for them to work with.
If it doesn't have a formula or number they can't match it.
They tried to use Dupont's system and that was so far off it was a joke.

I am going to try another place in Hammond and see what they think.

Not every place sells Imron, so that makes it even more difficult.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Painter said:
Hey dan...just use some interior flat latex paint from menards!!! brush and roll it on. Got any bubble wrap?
I found some paint chips at Home Depot that are pretty close.
I'm getting desperate, so I haven't ruled anything out yet.

Thanks Ray

Dan

BTW, Cliff has been stealing all my bubble wrap to ship parts out. Sorry Ray!

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Dana said:
Can anyone help me with a paint code/formula that will work for Imron or similar paint that I can re-coat the bar with? Something I can walk into the paint supplier with and tell him to mix. They obviously can’t figure it out on their own. I am trying to match the charcoal gray of the interior so that the bar blends in with the interior.

Thanks,

Dana
Dan, I have just the paint for you it is a (rattle can)
but a PERFECT MATCH !!!

If you want I can pick some up for you too...
Here's the info :

Brand : SEM
BUMPER COATER (I don't have the original cap) but can get the same color for you if you'd like :)

When I painted Mikey's interior, there was one section around the shifter bezel that got paint and it didn't look as good as he thought it would, so we needed to find a solution.... :dunno:

He can post the pics of how good it matches Before the paint and then after)
and if you are interested, I ill pick the paint up for you, it is about $10. a can

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the help everyone. You too Ray.

I took the panel to Mueller's in Hammond and these guys are going to mix it up for me in Imron because there is no formula shown in that line.

These guys have been around for a million years, so if anyone can do it, I think they can.
The problem is the type of paint I want (Imron) that is causing all the trouble, not the color so much. I have a spray can of Ford interior Midnight Black that would match pretty close. I did the gauge pod and it was a dead match, but it is lacquer. Ford part #M4JZ-19M547-1074H.
We'll see what happens...

Thanks again,
Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
As you can see, the bar is way too blue in direct light, flash in this case.
Not quite so bad otherwise. I was shooting for the grey trim color.

Attachments

• Image12b.jpg
    Image12b.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 18
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info