Interesting trade opportunity

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
put my integra up on craigslist and got a trade offer that im quite interested in, 1996 jeep cherokee

Image2.jpg

Image.jpg

trade would be straight up minus the winch on his jeep cuz its not his.
tcg's thoughts?

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
hell yeah do it! what engine is in it? mileage?
death wobble is a bitch on these. if the lift was done right, it wont be a problem though. make sure to hit some bumps on your test drive.

the god of inlines the 4.0 :bowdown: 144k on it, guy is form batavia plannin on meeting up with him after the weekend. ill take a huge hit in gas mileage but i really dont care, im tired of the teg and its issues

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
gas mileage and probably more reliability with the integra IMO The jeep would be fun no doubt but not as practical as a daily driver. 2 toys or 1 dd and 1 toy.

the integra has left me stranded me twice in the 4 months that ive owned it, bothe times were motor related, parts for it are semi expensive and kind of hard to find, took me 3 days and several auto parts stores to find a starter for it, whereas the jeep has used the same 4.0 for good knows how long parts and swappable between years and such, obviously not going to jump on it if i dont like what i see

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I would limit the amount of info you are puttin on the net about how jacked your car is that you are selling/trading.... :dunno:

starter went out, replaced it, battery died, replaced, timing belt snapped, replaced and it runs fine. kid that i might be trading with knows of these issues, i have nothing to hide, im not some crooked salesman

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
go over all the unibody seams esp in the hatch opening, look for signs the sheetmetal layers have seperated and/or poped spotwelds. more likely to happen on a offroad used xj/zj

crawl under before the test drive, wipe any leak droplets off, and then recheck after the testdrive, pay attention to the rear tcase/driveshaft seal and the rear main seal

find out what kit was installed and bring some wrenches so you can double check a few fasteners looking for any loose one's

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I would say go for it, that XJ is worth about 2,600-3,000 depending on the quality of the lift installed and the overall condition of it.... What are you asking for the teggy? When I was on the lookout for my XJ I spicifically didnt get a lifted one. I dont trust other people's work and such. To test for the death wobble try and find a bump that only one tire will hit (pothole or manhole cover etc) because the one sided hit should bring it out. If it wobbles, not the end of the world. Could be a bad steering stabalizer at least, but it could end up being loose suspension parts, bad shocks, springs, etc... This is why lifted trucks are sour to me, you have to chase down other people's problems lol.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I would say go for it, that XJ is worth about 2,600-3,000 depending on the quality of the lift installed and the overall condition of it.... What are you asking for the teggy? When I was on the lookout for my XJ I spicifically didnt get a lifted one. I dont trust other people's work and such. To test for the death wobble try and find a bump that only one tire will hit (pothole or manhole cover etc) because the one sided hit should bring it out. If it wobbles, not the end of the world. Could be a bad steering stabalizer at least, but it could end up being loose suspension parts, bad shocks, springs, etc... This is why lifted trucks are sour to me, you have to chase down other people's problems lol.

im asking $2600 with the 17's and a mint GSR front end that i have for it, bumper fenders and headlights

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
for those that care, the trade isnt going down, went to look at it today, the lift was done poorly, floors have rust holes, body is dented to shit, just more than i want to deal with right now, it runs good but other than that i can see it being a nightmare. but on a side note the integra now has new tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info