3800 Intense

F

fastcash

well the begining of an ethics crusade: i emailed intense regarding this: "2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG does 366 WHP!

This vehicle is a 2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG equipped with INTENSE™ Stage 3 CNC heads, INTENSE™ Stage 3 Blower Cam, INTENSE L32 Intercooler Kit, INTENSE™ Stage 3 PCM, and other supportive modifications. The blower was a stock fifth generation M90 with 2.60" supercharger pulley. The INTENSE™ Stage 3 PCM was dialed in for 60 pound fuel injectors and an 85 mm. SLP LS1 MAF sensor.

The 348.0 WHP was done with a 3.00" supercharger pulley. We changed to a 2.80" for 358.9 WHP, and 2.60" for 366.3 WHP. The torque drop in the last run wasn't as it appeared. For that run, we asked the dyno operator to not mash the gas pedal quite so hard. This helped reduce the initial wheel spin, but dropped the reported torque number slightly.

These are STD corrected numbers. "

i asked them to rmove their claim because: Well in case you don't read clubgp, I put on a turbo kit over the last couple of days with help from cartuning performance. The kit worked qutie well and the best dyno of the day was 401 HP / 546 TQ to the wheels. We could have turned it up some more, but that was good enough for me !

Here's the complete long and boring link ... http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/fb.asp?m=1929627

P.S. I have been gone for liek 4 days so for those people looking for me thati s where I have been. I have ~400 emails to catch up on and I'm working through them tonight .....

i also posted some info on 3800 tech.

i am not just starting shit with these people but there seems to be some serious problems with their ethics and they need to be held accountable....the saga begins

until i get banned, or they get righteous...

F

fastcash

the fact of the matter is, intense is like the walmart of the 3800 community...they are losing their personal touch more and more each day. i am going on what i hav experienced AND read. if you do the math, intense has more errors/unethicallities/bad comments than zzp or the wbs. personally, i would prefer the w body store, then zzp...

really i am just keeping the can of worms open. eventually, intense will realize that if they are just nice, concerned individuals, as opposed to faceless people who chose to defend themselves at all cost (LIE, CHANGE POSTS ON 3800TECH, NOT HONOR BUSINESS ETHICS), then, and only then, will they regain the respect of the 3800 community.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by fastcash420@Jan 31 2005, 05:36 PM
intense has more errors/unethicallities/bad comments than zzp or the wbs.
I should hope so. I make it a point not to get involved in vendor bashing. All 13 of our team members are also aware that if they are involved in any kind of vendor bashing they will be axed. There is a no tolerance policy with this.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
ummmmm i'm confused by the first post here too ...

but there is one thing wrong...

It *IS* 401 HP to the wheels; HOWEVER, the torque number *IS* wrong.

There was an issue with the dyno which caused it to inflate the torque #'s.

However, as per dynojet's very own website, HP is always accurate as it is measured directly from the drum. The torque is calculated and it was calculated incorrected. We *ESTIMATE* the Trq to be in the 390 - 430 range; however, until i can redyno, there is no way to know the exact torque.

Regardless about the torque #, the claim of having hte highest horsepower 2004 grand prix in north america @ 366hp is quite bogus...

I'm sure they will claim one of two things then :
#1 - Claim that since the torque # is wrong that the whole dyno is invalid. (Not true, visit the dynojet corporate website and read about the dyno and how it works. It is clearly started on their webpage.)
#2 - Its a turbo car so it shouldn't count. Ok, maybe I'd buy this one. But only if they stop blabbing about their very own turbo car.....

$.02

P.S. Where the hell did this thread come from ????

Glasuan

Regular
Oct 8, 2008
I defintelly agree with Charles. Especially considering the fact that their car is already tuned. With the turbo car, there I believe is more tuning to be done, to extract some nice HP. That is not even mentioning all the other mods that can be done, to equal what they have in their car (cam/rockers, exhaust, others).

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by Glasuan@Jan 31 2005, 10:15 PM
I defintelly agree with Charles.  Especially considering the fact that their car is already tuned.  With the turbo car, there I believe is more tuning to be done, to extract some nice HP.  That is not even mentioning all the other mods that can be done, to equal what they have in their car (cam/rockers, exhaust, others).
[snapback]69807[/snapback]​

I'm not doing any engine work to this car.

It was tuned on a dyno though.

First run was ~240 (heheh)
Next run was 280
run after that was 307
then 323
then 360
then 387
then 401

Then I said, shit... I'm 7 hours from home and I can't afford to blow this thing up so far from home, lol.

We "guestimate" we can probably get down somehwere close to 450 WHP, but that is danger zone for a stock block.... The turbo can easily do that level of HP, but the internals were never designed for that type of abuse.

Whenever I get this thing to a local dyno (real busy like normal ....), I'll be gunning for a little more than 401HP just to rebute anyone who is trash talking/doubting the 401 HP runs....

Personally I'm just hoping for a nice warm weekend soon so i can get down to us 41 ...

F

fastcash

Originally posted by beyerch+Jan 31 2005, 10:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Glasuan
@Jan 31 2005, 10:15 PM
I defintelly agree with Charles.   Especially considering the fact that their car is already tuned.   With the turbo car, there I believe is more tuning to be done, to extract some nice HP.   That is not even mentioning all the other mods that can be done, to equal what they have in their car (cam/rockers, exhaust, others).
[snapback]69807[/snapback]​

I'm not doing any engine work to this car.

It was tuned on a dyno though.

First run was ~240 (heheh)
Next run was 280
run after that was 307
then 323
then 360
then 387
then 401

Then I said, shit... I'm 7 hours from home and I can't afford to blow this thing up so far from home, lol.

We "guestimate" we can probably get down somehwere close to 450 WHP, but that is danger zone for a stock block.... The turbo can easily do that level of HP, but the internals were never designed for that type of abuse.

Whenever I get this thing to a local dyno (real busy like normal ....), I'll be gunning for a little more than 401HP just to rebute anyone who is trash talking/doubting the 401 HP runs....

Personally I'm just hoping for a nice warm weekend soon so i can get down to us 41 ...
[snapback]69808[/snapback]​
[/b]

i am just trying to hold intense accountable, and seeing how they react to this. i don't doubt that they have some powerful cars, i was just seeing if they would correct their website to reflect current day standings on some info i presented them.

officially i am done with this topic, i just wanted ilgpc members to be recognized still now that bumpin is gone, that is a far cry from hope. oh, well.

keep up the great #'s charles

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I have this problem of working on my website alot. too. :D

I can see how they dont update their site to make them look better, but look at ZZP.

I cant look up info on their M90 kit. People cant look up the AFC 2.0 for the 04+. Wheres the Gen 2 I/C?? I see things that have been "comming soon" for awhile now.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, but I think their is a little bit of an ethical difference when Company "I" will update their site weekly with new parts while ignoring their false advertising and record making statements, while company "Z" is slow to posting their present products.

Disclaimer note: "I" and "Z" are random variables assigned to express anonymousy.... :unsure:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, company I may have the same problem company Z has. Someone else does their updating and the cover page never gets changed. Who knows.

Kinda funny company Z has a nuclear physicist or something yet they cant even do their own website in house. Yet us normal people can do it daily.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yes but there is a small generation gap between us normal people and them when it comes to technology. Besides, I think you and I have a little more time on our hands around say 1:50 AM, than people who actually work all day, and that work not being on computers.

I just find it funny, that Company I can update and add new products, and some new "News", but cant modify a "record" that they havent held for a month....

I think both company I and company Z need to leave their websites to proffesionals, and start making some parts. I have heard a lot from company Z, but company I hasnt been doing much. Maybe company I is looking into other markets <_<

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
My site....i mean Z's site will so kick your .......i mean I's site.

I bet if you took their site, refreshed it, made it look snazy then they would upgrade it. I just dont think those old timers realize how important and up-to-date (product wise) website is. I actually dont think I have ever verbally talked to anybody that I have bought a car part off of...Nobody on this forum, except for one, knows if i can actually talk or not. I may have no throat, and only half a lung for all anyone knows :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
What?? HAHA! Funny. Zs site beating Is site.

Even you have to admit. Zs site looks pretty primitive. You would have alot more ahead of you than I would.

BTW, might wanna add some titles to some of your pages. I find the "untitled document" at the top of IE very cool indeed. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info