3800 intense dyno tunes in chicago area

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
hahahahahahahha yeah if i want my shit to blow up or wait maybe i'll just stick around for a gen 2 revised tune
[/b]
:lolsign: With brian doing the tuning now its kind of night and day from 4 years ago. IM not a huge fan of alot of Intense stuff, but i would suggest Brian over quite a few other tuners in the community.

with those prices tho its not a crazy thought to just buy a Dyno and offer club discounts :ph34r: :ph34r:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have to agree that their new dyno guy seems to know what he's doing. I would reccomend them over ZZP any day of the week.

$475 sounds steep, but too many GP'rs have been spoiled for a long time on this kind of stuff. In general for most cars it's more.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
<div class='quotemain'>
wow thats pretty random. Kinda a coincidence but my GTP will already be at Speed INC tomorrow getting some work done to it. :ph34r: Maybe I will see some other GP's there and not just F-Bodys and Cobras.

$475 for a tune damn
[/b]

Yeah, it was cheaper at sling shot/dyno pro
[/b][/quote]
you get what you pay for, how many high Horse Power 3800s has that placed tuned?

UR LOSN

Pirate Sloth!
Oct 22, 2007
Rockford
Brian is a good guy. I talked with him on Monday. It is a small world. He knows a bunch of my high school frends back in Dublin.

my car WILL be going to Intense as long as Brian is there. dont think It will make it to Speed in time. still have piping to make, as well as new UIM(thanks bob). :lolsign:

I

imported_Theautoguy

It cost me almost $600 to chip and tune the truck, $475 for a PCM and dyno tune is a good price. As for their past; to some it would be like letting your kid stay the night with Micheal Jackson, maybe he's gotten better...maybe he hasn't. There just isn't enough success' brought forward to offset the unimaginably obscene service and practices they subjected the W-body community to a couple years ago.

However, water has passed under the bridge and perhaps its time to move forward from the past...cautiously.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Id rather be shown what to do with my HPTuner, go rent a dyno for an hour and do it myself. Hell even a 3 pull run could turn a good tune out.
[/b]

I agree there. Plus, you know it will need to be tweaked a little even after a dyno tune.

...$475 for a PCM and dyno tune is a good price...[/b]

That doesnt include a PCM per say. They use your existing PCM (right?) So in my case I would risk loosing my custom ZZP PCM for an Intense prg.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

quote name='J.E.T.' date='Aug 22 2007, 03:02 PM' post='162459']
Id rather be shown what to do with my HPTuner, go rent a dyno for an hour and do it myself. Hell even a 3 pull run could turn a good tune out.

I agree there. Plus, you know it will need to be tweaked a little even after a dyno tune.

...$475 for a PCM and dyno tune is a good price...

That doesnt include a PCM per say. They use your existing PCM (right?) So in my case I would risk loosing my custom ZZP PCM for an Intense prg.

J.E.T.
[/quote]
Yeah, but he could save your current tune for later use. I used to do that for people all the time. I really am not trying to bash ZZP, as they've pulled off some pretty high HP builds, but the PCM tuning I've seen isn't all that great. They use some shortcuts I don't agree with that make tweaking the pcm down the road more difficult. Seems the average XP build with IC through them does 310-330HP, except the few builds they've played with that are local guys...and they are usually 20-40hp higher. When looking for a competent tuner, looking at the "average" output of customers over the "select few" they make threads about is important...helps weed through the bs. My favorite example was Chad's car. I tuned his car on the street with no dyno or wideband. He took it to ZZP and they pulled 7hp more with more fuel, timing and race gas. I was surprised it was so little...and I had to change his tune back to where I had it as it was getting upwards of 8 degrees of KR. Now, the KR thing isn't fair if you are counting in barometric conditions, but I personally account for the baro when I tune to keep it conservative for the street.

Anyway I'm rambling, Their new guy came out of the Mustang scene and had nothing to do with their past business practices. I've seen enough from posts that I can say it looks like he knows his way around our pcms.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

you got a HP... what year is it for... I know a guy who can teach you.. He works for them...
[/b][/quote]

You talking about Horist?? Ive asked him. Havent seen him in awhile. The HPT is for a 98 but I need to now get it to program a 97. <_<

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
There just isn't enough success' brought forward to offset the unimaginably obscene service and practices they subjected the W-body community to a couple years ago.

However, water has passed under the bridge and perhaps its time to move forward from the past...cautiously.
[/b]

Tell you what, if someone could send me around 5-7k dollars for my personal dealings with Intense and send all the other people they screwed (hundreds???) out of countless LSD and transmissions, Ill let it go.

With the business practices they had/have taken, they should be out of business. Its just a shame a great deal of people gave scott a ton of money to make thier trannies, as they say, BulletProof! I still cant believe he is still in business.
:angry:

On top of this, he sold me a $4100 dollar trans/LSD package just DAYS before the whole GEN II LSD fiasco was uncovered!!! That jerk new about the LSD problems and took my money happily. Sorry, but I dont defend people like him.

People dont change and either will his ethics! :ph34r: :angry:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
It would have also been nice if a few key members spilled the beans about the Intense problem back in the day.....I could have avoided a great deal of problems and stress.

But I forgot, venders keep these sites running and we cant speak about them............(NOT TOWARDS MIKE)

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
hahahahahahahha yeah if i want my shit to blow up or wait maybe i'll just stick around for a gen 2 revised tune[/b]
Seriously? That's all you got? Quit wasting this forum's time if you can't do anything but live in the past.
[/b]
dude fuck off, what crawled up your ass and died?

hey maybe you should worry about getting your grand prix running instead of wasting this forum's time.

last time i checked YOU are the only wendor without a running GP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info