Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.corvetteonline.com/news/demon-slayer-bolt-on-part-put-c7-zr1-in-demon-territory/

https://youtu.be/6coHbXamDLM

On March 23rd at Maryland International Raceway, Will Farmer of Farmer Machine Co Racing took his ZR1 and blasted off the first 9-second pass by a stock Corvette. The ā€˜Vette was equipped with a set of drag radials and ran a record-setting time of 9.93-second 1/4 mile time at 140.30 miles per hour. While this ET is short of the Demonā€™s timeslip, the crew had a trick up their sleeve in the way of a single bolt-on.

Joe Eastwood, a longtime drag racer and friend of Will, installed the Chevrolet Performance Cold Air Intake (PN 84689752) at the track to give it a test. The new cold air intake system was designed specifically for the C7 and can fit all three power plants, including the LT1, LT4, and LT5 and is a simple bolt-on. Chevrolet claims that the unit will add horsepower, thus improving performance on the track. The only question is, would these claims hold up?

After the 50-state legal Chevrolet Performance Cold Air Intake System was in place, the ā€˜Vette was ready to make another pass. The ZR1 was able to better its previous ET with a solid 9.84-second pass at 142.79 miles per hour. Will said, ā€œThis run confirms that the Chevrolet Performance Cold Air Intake improves the 1/4-mile performance by approximately .10 of a second and 3 MPH, which was consistent with our prior testing. This kind of gain on a 9-second street car is impressive! Especially when you consider the Chevrolet Performance Cold Air Intake maintains the factory warranty and fits all C7 Corvettes.ā€

For the last pass of the day, the team decided to unbolt some components rather than bolting them on. The idea was to help get some weight out of the car and get rid of the added downforce the factory aero package can generate. With the spoiler and passenger seat removed, the C7 made its way to the staging lanes. Miraculously, the ā€˜Vette ran a blistering 1/4-mile time of 9.64 at 147.15 MPH. Will said, ā€œWe could not believe it! We joked that at 150mph we would need a parachute!ā€

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Wonder what the da was, thatā€™s 6mph faster than my best pass at close to 800whp, In a car thatā€™s stock and what 660 crank hp, it must be fairly light and had killer da that day

Google says 3550-3620 for curb weight. So remove 200 more pounds or so (already has front runners) and loose drag from removing aero items then I'm sure it can pick up the ET/MPH.

Also typical GM post. "Air intake only" when it had a lot of weight and aero removed. [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]s middle name now is "King click-bait" :rofl:

Definitely cool and moving. More to the story than meets the eye, I'm sure.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Click bait boy gonna defend the click bait. haha

They are comparing it to a stock Demon. That had no add on parts. Or removed parts, I believe. Just as a Demon comes. Which can mean drag wheels. Whatever their claims are mean dick to me. I don't really care. I don't have a ZR1 or a Demon. Or care about what a car can run. Especially when it comes from w East cost shop at a know killer DA track. But the car wasn't stock and you can't argue that.

There is no doubt at the speeds it is seeing that the MPH could be affected by the wing and whatever other aero removed/changed.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
"Airbox only". Which isn't exactly accurate since it had weight reduction in several ways.

The article says stock with drag radials when it went 9.9x. Which was not accurate as it at least had front runners as well. Less weight, rolling resistance, etc.. Then said added airbox and removed parts from the car to make it lighter and reduce drag. So airbox only 9.6x is missing a lot of info.

I'm just say'n! lol

again, the car is quick. And more than the article gives specifics on. That's all.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I DIDN'T WRITE THE ARTICLE. God damn. Nowhere do I call the car stock.

Airbox only strongly implies stock other than said airbox. So although you didn't say "stock" it was implied.

giphy.gif

IU still love ya, mookie-poo. You click bait lover. :bowrofl: :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info