insurance total

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They will not salvage my car because it's over 10 years old. So that part isn't an issue. Maybe getting the full amount if I was to ever get into another accident with the car. I'll most likely go with liability after.

I'll keep updating as we go. Hopefully people chime in on strategy or ways for them to see it more my way. With the buyback cost being so low, I'm most likely buying it back once we agree on a payout number.

Just keep pushing like we've already said.
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] has the most recent direct experience as far as i can tell and remember.

or [MENTION=7289]IZZy[/MENTION] also possibly?

show them that your car had new blah blah blah (which doesn't typically matter, just sells your story more)

show them that you loved it for xyz and it can't be replaced for x amount etc etc.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Just keep pushing like we've already said.

[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] has the most recent direct experience as far as i can tell and remember.

or [MENTION=7289]IZZy[/MENTION] also possibly?

show them that your car had new blah blah blah (which doesn't typically matter, just sells your story more)

show them that you loved it for xyz and it can't be replaced for x amount etc etc.

Pretty much. You just have to push but with good evidence to back it up.

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Yeah basically go find the most expensive comparable car on autotrader, make sure you bring up all the options that you car has.

I found out that telling the insurance that you can’t replace it with the amount the are giving you does not work, they pretty much say nope we are giving you market value and not replacement value.

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
Glad I could help [MENTION=3535]Turtle[/MENTION]. Any time!!

Thanks again!!

So turns out they priced out my car completely wrong and a base model. After I set them straight with my full loaded awd car and using all the local comps. They came up with $5400 value. It’s a low side of fair but I’ll take it. Anything is better then their original 3 offers.

I get the car and $4200. Not sure of what the title status would be but I don’t really care.

I could get the parts painted for $1000. Don’t know how hang a fender, so I’ll pay for that. Everyone at the shop goes wtf totaled as I drove it away.

Thanks everyone for the wisdom. Maybe others can learn too. Never take the first offer and make sure they have the right car and options.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
preprinted?

Painted. Sorry. Stupid autocorrect.

3d printers in body shops is a step i think we will see at some point and it will be absolutely 100% fucking game changing...

parts prices will eventually go down since no warehousing.

parts will have like no obsolescence since anything can just be printed.

way quicker rebuild times- for instance you have a land rover, hood only comes from overseas typically...

instead they print one...etc.

no time too soon do i see this, but i think it could happen at some point.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
3d printers in body shops is a step i think we will see at some point and it will be absolutely 100% fucking game changing...

parts prices will eventually go down since no warehousing.

parts will have like no obsolescence since anything can just be printed.

way quicker rebuild times- for instance you have a land rover, hood only comes from overseas typically...

instead they print one...etc.

no time too soon do i see this, but i think it could happen at some point.

https://youtu.be/iDn1nosgQ5k

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
don't take their first offer

be ready with comparables to get them to raise their offer

don't give up the title.

BUMP

just went through this. work f150 tboned an older car.

totalled our f150. first offer from insurance... 28k. second offer, 31k. third offer. 33k. final offer... 35k + sales tax on top (which is how it legally should work in IL.)

found comparables down to exact options... (heated cloth buckets, power rear window, heated mirrors, bed/cab size etc.)

then nada also.

Listen to KJ. I can provide the same insight but yeah, what he said.

I got $12,800 for my Yukon with a $4,600 initial offer. Kept truck and title, clean no salvage/rebuilt.

so with this- i think if you run your old yukon vin, it'll come back as salvage title, even though the title you hold in your hand says otherwise.

we played this game with an older roushf150 at work- truck barely got kissed in the rear. needed a bed. truck got totalled. we fixed truck cuz nothing was wrong other than the bed... we run vin now- comes back as salvage but title is "normal" title in hand.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

iI5Ec3z.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info