Instapot, who's got one?

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
The wife and I picked one up Saturday morning out shopping. We used it that night to make a Pot Roast. In an hour it was done! This thing is badass!

I know it will never take over the good cooking, but man, to make a whole chicken or a pot roast in a hour during the week night is cool as hell.

Can't wait to start playing around with tougher cuts of meat with it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's really not that much in that thread anyways, I didn't notice until after I posted the link here. Either way, they're fuckin' cool and I use mine at least once a week to make chili. I will say, the quality of a roast is IMO better in a slow cooker, but to have 4lbs of chicken breast ready to eat and tender in like 12min is the shit.

Red Alert

Addict
Aug 10, 2012
We have one & I absolutely love it - made some of the best ribs I’ve had in my life in it. The meat would just fall right off the bone.

4701b6a926a445820943f6dc036b3f40.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
But yea the wife and I use it at minimum once a week for lunch prep, most times more. Pot roast and chicken and dumpling soup have been my favorites thus far but prettymuch everything has been great. I also make a dozen hard boiled eggs every Sunday to bring to work as a snack if I get the hunger pains before lunch.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Did you know (which I disagree with) that properly done ribs aren't supposed to fall off the bone? You're supposed to be able to take a bit out of one and just leave where your teeth took a chunk out.

This is true if you want to win contests but, sometimes, I like the meat to be a little bit overdone to where it is almost falling off the bone. With ribs, I'd definitely rather have over done than under done. Now, if you can cook the meat to the point just before it's falling off the bone, that's the good stuff. You get the good bite you are talking about and it's really tender.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Well, I'd say this should be the good old Instapot thread, share recipes and what not. I've only used it twice and the two times I did, I haven't been dis-satisfied.

My second time I upped the spices 10 fold, because the 1st time was the pot roast. It was good, but really no flavor. The whole chicken, I went overboard and it was damn good.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I keep hearing ribs taste amazing when cooked in an instapot. We just got one so I’m still learning but it’s a huge help throwing things in right out of the freezer. I’m doing Keto and it’s a big help.
Same, the wife is doing the keto diet as well. Makes great quick meals. Really needed with my work schedule.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Doing Ribs tonight, Lord help me... I have sinned.

My hopes are low. They'll be like any restaurant rib. Nothing to write home about. Nothing beats the grill.

But giving it a whirl.

Peeled membrane, rubbed down with just a canned bbq rub and pepper. Cup off water in the pot, along with the same season in the pot. Set for 20 and walked away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info