Installing my headers today but..

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
Ive heard that the OEM O2 sensor isnt long enough to reach the spot on these headers. I went to pepboys, autozone, oriely(murrys), and Larrys auto parts... Nobody carries O2 extensions..So here is my question: Can you drive the car with only the post car O2 sensor until i get a new one or, Can i cut and sodder the wires to make it longer and still work fine?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yeah once you hack the harness there is no going back. If you fuck it up its over and you cannot just put it back together and order the extension... If you have a lot of miles on the car get a new Denso or Delco sensor as your car will probably need one eventually.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You CAN run a car without the front 02, in fact durring the winter we do it everyday, you car will stay in open loop (same as when it is waiting for the 02 to heat up) I would avoid anything over 3k rpm, but the car will run, and not instantly blow up..... just remedy the situation quick before you waste too much gas, and foul the plugs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info