• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installing MGW Shifter

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005
Took me 25minutes in a parking lot with a basic ratchet set. Only tough part is breaking the old shifter off once its unbolted. Really gotta pull HARD. I had to bolt up the old handle and kick it. Make sure you use the bolts MGW gives you - do not re use the stock bolts.

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Took me 25minutes in a parking lot with a basic ratchet set. Only tough part is breaking the old shifter off once its unbolted. Really gotta pull HARD. I had to bolt up the old handle and kick it. Make sure you use the bolts MGW gives you - do not re use the stock bolts.

Hit it right on the nose with this post! It is easy with the exception of getting the old one off.:biggthump

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Avoid getting any of the old sealant in the trans. Take your time cleaning off any sealant so you get a good fresh mating surface. As mentioned, it's a simple install.

I had to pull mine on and off half a dozen times due to a problem with the spring on the 1st gear side. The people at MGW were very good at customer service. They sent me replacement springs which didn't help and then a new shifter which resoved the problem. I'd highly recommend both the shifter and MGW.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info