• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installed the KB..

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Well it all came together nicely, install was not bad some things were PITA. Like a couple of bolts that you cant get to easily. The car runs like crap of corse with the new SCT 2400 and 60# injectors and new TB still need to set the TPS. the computer does not know what to do so it runs like its misfiring really bad. Still need to put in BAP hoping to get with Lyle on that one. Then getting a Tune hopefully that will iron everything out.

I didnt hear many Kenne Bells running but its pretty loud at idle, and sometimes I can hear the blades on the inside like a really loud grinding sound but then it goes away. Yes there is oil in it. Talked to a few people and they said they have never heard of KB's having problems other that the oil leaking through the snout. Any thoughts from you guys?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
You haven't loaded a tune specific for the BA2400, 60 lb'ers, KB etc? :confused:

Are you're running the tune for your old combination with these new parts on the car?

No I havent tuned the car yet my appointment is Monday morning with Bob Kurgan Im sure you guys know who he is. And its still under the old tune. Still need 2 wire up the BAP. And no I have not and will not run WOT until the actual tune is done that is specific for the 60# injectors sct 2400, BAP and big oval throttle body TPS needs to be set.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Yes some bolts can be a PITA. I've taken my blower on and off so many times, I can knock down a removal/install in about 2 hours or so.

Wiring up the BAP is pretty simple, alot easier then the KB install..

Starting the car with 60 # injecters and not having a pre-tune for them washes down the cylinder walls with gas BIG TIME! Not too good of a thing. FYI, I wouldn't start it again untill you have a pre-tune and id change the oil.

I have never heard of a KB making that type of noise. Sounds like it's time for a rebuild. FYI rebuilds are about $500 give or take. Sorry to say but Id bet that's why the guy was selling it.

Kevin

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Yes some bolts can be a PITA. I've taken my blower on and off so many times, I can knock down a removal/install in about 2 hours or so.

Wiring up the BAP is pretty simple, alot easier then the KB install..

Starting the car with 60 # injecters and not having a pre-tune for them washes down the cylinder walls with gas BIG TIME! Not too good of a thing. FYI, I wouldn't start it again untill you have a pre-tune and id change the oil.

I have never heard of a KB making that type of noise. Sounds like it's time for a rebuild. FYI rebuilds are about $500 give or take. Sorry to say but Id bet that's why the guy was selling it.

Kevin

Damn! I hope that it doesnt need a rebuild. How many miles do the KB's usually last? When I got it It looked new the blades on the inside did not look like they had any wear and tear. The guy said it had a little over 1k on it. Knew I should have got the whipple "FUCK". What Should I do tune it drive it the rest of the summer and look into rebuilding it during winter storage if that is the problem. When I drove it There was no problem it sounded great at low RPM's just that one time it made a funny noise and it went away and that was at idle.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
if you have liveload3 on a computer, i can send you a base calibration for your setup... im assuming you are trailering it? If so, just try not to drive it much until we tune it!

Yes we will be trailering it. My friend Geoff Butler will trailer it to you, he just had a teal 93 cobra with an 03 motor in it tuned by you. Im not driving it at all, conidering its not good for the car and it runs like crap.

I dont have liveload3, but how can I download it, so that way I get the base tune? Thanks Bob.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info