• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installed SLP Line Lock *PICS*

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well, I finally got around to installing my SLP Line Lock. I got a deal on it from Rod, the guy that bought Lyle's old car for $105 shipped, so I jumped on it.

The Install really wasn't bad. I did pull the Master Cylinder out to get a little more room. The 2 hardest parts were drilling the mounting holes from the wheel well and getting all of the aftermarket brake lines aligned just right. Be careful about starting the new brake lines, they can strip very easily if they are not aligned just right.

The thing I didn't like was, SLP said to drill a hole in the center console for the switch. I didn't like this too much so I went out and bought a Fog Light switch for a 98 cobra from Ford. I remember that the coin holders and fog light holes in a 98 cobra are the same size. So I just popped out my coin holder and popped in the foglight switch..I think I it looks very stock which I like. I don't like a ton of gauges and switchs everywhere, I feel like im in the cock pit of Apollo 13..I just like em clean and simple.

All in all the install took about 2 & 1/2 hours or so..Would have been shorter but CobraChris08 came over and had me check his supercharger oil :rolleyes:

Picture217.jpg

Picture215.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture219.jpg

Picture222.jpg

Picture223.jpg

Picture224.jpg

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
WhtSuperStang said:
whenever i get around to buying my line lock thats what im doing switch wise...clean install!!!

I have another Hurst line lock laying around from my old 5.0, brand new..PM me if your instered

blubyu said:
Nice job. I need to put mine in one of these days. I was thinking of getting a hurst shifter handle with the button on the side. The coin holder is where my vert switch is so that is not an option. I'm not drilling any holes in the console.

Yeah I thought about the Hurst shifter but my F*ckin Fast shifter, is just to cool I think

Flatliner said:
Very nice, the fog light switch is actually pretty popular... mine's in the box still. Don't have the patience lately for 2.5 hrs... that's how long it took me to change my LM1 sensor... :lmao:

I could do it for yeah..I'm pretty cheap labor..6 pack of beer and im happy! I bet I could knock it down a hour since I already did one. Damn I thought I was all slick with the foglight idea, guess not :rolleyes:

maniak said:
damn kevin, looks nice!! like the foglight switch idea.

i was hoping to see some nasty burnouts though at the end of all the pics :(

Screw that, my MT's cost $209 a tire!!

Thanks everyone for the nice commets, im super happy with it.

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Sharkster said:
dude where the hell did you get that shifter.... I love that 6th gear "fuckin fast"

Call GG&G 800-380-2540. They are a gun shop so be sure to ask for the fucking fast shift knob. A couple of the owners have 03 cobra and had someone at the shop custom make them. The owner then posted it over on SVTP and they setup a HUGE group buy. You can eaither send out your knob and have the Fuckin Fast instert installed or buy a new shift knob with the instert already in it. Eaither way be ready to pony up some cash. I belive the 'new' knobs are like $100 and the inserts are like $45. I went a step ahead and got the 10th ann knob (carbon fiber), had them do the instert then added the 10th ann shift boot to match, It looks tits!

Picture148.jpg

I took my ride into the Ford dealer awhile back for some warranty work. Now my car is know as the "fuckin fast" cobra... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Box 1 said:
kevin the install is REAL clean man, nice job. The idiot that had my notch before me had to have bent the brake lines by fucking hand :mad: becuase they look like crap, well time to re-do the line lock and brake lines so they look like yours, good job. :biggthump

That's gay, any asshat can install something but getting it to look nice and clean is different..Plus we all know how good "aftermarket" parts fit!

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info