• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Install on an Input Shaft???

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I'm the man to talk to about the 26 spline input shafts.

They can handle a good amount of power, however me and a couple other members bent a few.

It isn't that hard to install. "Dana" has a right up on it over on Mfords.com.

You need a dial indactor to check input shaft end play. I've done it twice now, I had the trans out/changed input shafts/trans back in, under 4 hours or so...

The hardest thing about it all is the top starter bolt (mine now in the trash) along with the 2 top trans bolts.

FYI, u need a 26 spline clutch, im sure u knew that already

Kevin

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I'm the man to talk to about the 26 spline input shafts.

They can handle a good amount of power, however me and a couple other members bent a few.

It isn't that hard to install. "Dana" has a right up on it over on Mfords.com.

You need a dial indactor to check input shaft end play. I've done it twice now, I had the trans out/changed input shafts/trans back in, under 4 hours or so...

The hardest thing about it all is the top starter bolt (mine now in the trash) along with the 2 top trans bolts.

FYI, u need a 26 spline clutch, im sure u knew that already

Kevin

How much would you charge to put one in, if I already have the trans out? Yea I knew about needing a 26spline clutch. I just pretty much blew my stock one so it time to upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FuelSlut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list