Insta pot / air fryer

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Eh. It's overrated IMO but it does make frozen fries pretty easily. We use it every now and then.

I don’t even own one and that’s how I feel so far. Black Friday special sounds like the best plan, half price as I’m only going to use it like twice .

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The things I like most are the convenience and speed due to the pressure cooker. I don't have the air fryer so can only mention my daughter likes it. She tosses food in after work and relaxes while it cooks.

I like to slow cook ribs but it's awesome to get ribs that aren't bad in less than an hour. I rub them, cook them in the Instant Pot and then sauce and sear them on the grill.

Steamed hot dogs take longer than boiling/grilling them but the flavor is worth it.

This thread is making me want to pull out the Instant Pot again and try something new.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I don’t even own one and that’s how I feel so far. Black Friday special sounds like the best plan, half price as I’m only going to use it like twice .
You'll use it for like a week straight, and then realize it's just as much work with about the same results :rofl:

Anything that can be fried that needs to be "flipped halfway thru" is a bit easier with the air fryer...just open it up, shake it around, and put it back in.

Meatloaf turned out decent in the insta pot but you are limited on the size since you can only make it as wide as the pot. Vegetables are easy to steam too. It was kinda like a crock pot without the wait.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
We only use the air fryer for frozen potatoe products, but it does a good job with that. We don't have a insta pot but have a pressure cooker and use that rarely. Crock pots are my favorite as I can cook stuff overnight while I am sleeping and it is done in the morning. Also, a lot of stuff can fit in a good sized crock pot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info