Insta pot / air fryer

frank

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a insta pot / air fryer combo as I feel I am missing out the ease of cooking / frying foods using space age technology.

does any one have experience with a combo like this? Should I just buy them separate?

any recommendations would be great.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
We bought my older daughter the combo for her birthday. She likes it. Makes a lot of meals in it.

I bought my Instant Pot on Black Friday and got around half off the price. It's a useful tool for pressure cooking foods like ribs/chicken and steaming hot dogs.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Eh. It's overrated IMO but it does make frozen fries pretty easily. We use it every now and then.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The things I like most are the convenience and speed due to the pressure cooker. I don't have the air fryer so can only mention my daughter likes it. She tosses food in after work and relaxes while it cooks.

I like to slow cook ribs but it's awesome to get ribs that aren't bad in less than an hour. I rub them, cook them in the Instant Pot and then sauce and sear them on the grill.

Steamed hot dogs take longer than boiling/grilling them but the flavor is worth it.

This thread is making me want to pull out the Instant Pot again and try something new.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don’t even own one and that’s how I feel so far. Black Friday special sounds like the best plan, half price as I’m only going to use it like twice .
You'll use it for like a week straight, and then realize it's just as much work with about the same results :rofl:

Anything that can be fried that needs to be "flipped halfway thru" is a bit easier with the air fryer...just open it up, shake it around, and put it back in.

Meatloaf turned out decent in the insta pot but you are limited on the size since you can only make it as wide as the pot. Vegetables are easy to steam too. It was kinda like a crock pot without the wait.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think the pressure cooker is the best feature. I didn't have one until I got the Instant Pot. It really reduces cook times on normally long cook items.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
We only use the air fryer for frozen potatoe products, but it does a good job with that. We don't have a insta pot but have a pressure cooker and use that rarely. Crock pots are my favorite as I can cook stuff overnight while I am sleeping and it is done in the morning. Also, a lot of stuff can fit in a good sized crock pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom