• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Inlet air temps s/c application

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Zack, as you know I have a NOVI 1200 SC (10lbs @ 6K) without aftercooling. I also recently acquired a scan guage to monitor IATs.

My questions are:
1). How is timing affected when IAT's get at or about 150 degrees, which happens after a short while of city driving At 90+ OAT in my car.

2) What would be a realistic IAT with an aftercooler, same driving conditions (no drag racing).

Thanks,

Pat

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Usually the pcm will pull 10 degrees of timimg at 150+ inlet temps. I distinctly remember your car has 8 degrees at WOT, so your car has to be slow as hell lol.

With an intercooler, cruising temps are about 10 above ambient, and can get 30-50 above ambient during WOT depending on conditions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Silverback
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list