3800 injector issues

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Ok, so after fixing the water issue with my car we notice a noise. start spraying things with carb cleaner and notice that where the injector goes into the motor on the far drivers side is leaking somehow. switched injectors around and sprayed again. same spot is leaking... so its not the injector. why would it be leaking and how would i get that taken care of?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
def. could have messed up the head. have you checked compression? it may or may not be off, but might not be a bad idea....

use a scope and check things out... [/b]

compression test wont tell ya much but a leakdown test would.... i have used a leakdown tester to test evap systems as well, so using one on an intake is def doable though one cylinders intake valves will likely be open. compression tests only tell you part of the story...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im gonna bring it to the dealership tomorrow and have em look at it. car has 31000 miles on it. They should look at it for free right? I also wanna have em flush the trans fluid whileim there. [/b]

take as many clues as to what happened off the car, meh you might get lucky, but you may have to claim it under insurance if the tech's a sharp cookie

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info