• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

injector issues

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
Ok, so after fixing the water issue with my car we notice a noise. start spraying things with carb cleaner and notice that where the injector goes into the motor on the far drivers side is leaking somehow. switched injectors around and sprayed again. same spot is leaking... so its not the injector. why would it be leaking and how would i get that taken care of?

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
the only thing i can come up with is that the intake may be cracked? either that or the gasket got pushed out.... havent worked on too many sc cobalts...

Turbocharged400sbc

Reaction score
how much water did your drain from the intake?

if it was more than a cupfull i'd say it's possible you hyraulic'd that cylinder and maybe cracked the head?

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
it was definately more than a cupful. everything still cranks smoothly though.

Turbocharged400sbc

Reaction score
i hate to say it but it may be hydraulic'd you may have found the weakest part of the head and split it...might be time to call the insurance company or at least pull the intake/etc for a closer look with a crack detection dye

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
def. could have messed up the head. have you checked compression? it may or may not be off, but might not be a bad idea....

use a scope and check things out...

Turbocharged400sbc

Reaction score
def. could have messed up the head. have you checked compression? it may or may not be off, but might not be a bad idea....

use a scope and check things out... [/b]
compression test wont tell ya much but a leakdown test would.... i have used a leakdown tester to test evap systems as well, so using one on an intake is def doable though one cylinders intake valves will likely be open. compression tests only tell you part of the story...

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
im gonna bring it to the dealership tomorrow and have em look at it. car has 31000 miles on it. They should look at it for free right? I also wanna have em flush the trans fluid whileim there.

Turbocharged400sbc

Reaction score
im gonna bring it to the dealership tomorrow and have em look at it. car has 31000 miles on it. They should look at it for free right? I also wanna have em flush the trans fluid whileim there. [/b]
take as many clues as to what happened off the car, meh you might get lucky, but you may have to claim it under insurance if the tech's a sharp cookie

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
the "injector" issue turned out to be my intake gasket. the intake mani bolts up to the head right below the injector :)..... at least its no cracked head! but now i gotta get my stock flywheel put back in =/

PANDA

Reaction score
So is the dealer going to fix this stuff under warranty? :lolsign:

I hope it all works out chimpunk. Get it all done before mid to late October!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom