3800 Injector bung plugs

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I found a set of used IS3 heads for $750. I'm going to try to grab them tomorrow night. They're painted black like I would have opted for new, but they're L67 style which ends up putting holes where I don't need them.

My gut says to plug the L36 bungs with pipe plugs, use the head bungs with some ZZP fuel logs, and get a nice regulator. That just adds a lot of cost that I'm unwilling to spend because I already have a pair of custom L36 logs.

I'd hate to put pipe plugs in a set of $1800 V6 heads because if I ever want to sell them down the road I'll be making them useless for 90% of my potential buyers. Are there any cheap and easily reversible solutions for injector plugs out there?

Reactions: bs009

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm sure I'll figure this out one way or another. Used fuel logs seem to show up used relatively regularly too.

Damn. It's a 6 hour drive to Pittsburgh where the heads are located.... and he wants me to help him pull them out of the W-body. :oops: It's gonna be a loooong day. I better bring some calipers to confirm the valve size before I spend a F ton.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Maybe I'd be better off running the logs I already have for the L36 then. That brings me back to addressing the head bungs though. I might just have to pony up and tap them. Even if there was a nice oring'd slug I could push in there, I don't know how they would be secured.

I always thought it would be cool to run a whole secondary fuel system with the second set of bungs, but I don't see the point in making things that complicated.

Reactions: GTPpower

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
The stock L67 fuel rail should fit but it'll just look a little out of place from what I remember. I'm using the crappy zzp gen 1 fuel rails and they're fitting too after moving some fittings around

A thought I had was to just keep both fuel rails in and use dummy injectors in one set of ports. Could even make your own bracket to hold down something into the ports blocking them off.

I'm definitely not seeing the need for a second fuel system myself or even dual injectors yet. I thought it'd be good to have for idle quality but I'm running the 160# injectors ZZP sells and they're even idling just fine with E85 with my fuel pressure set to 40 psi

Reactions: GTPpower

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
beavis and butthead GIF

bung plugs

• Haha
Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info