Infiniti Is Getting Absolutely Creamed (Updated)

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I don't know why, but it bothers the OCD in me when my wife changes just the temperature on her side. The temperatures are out-of-sync and I don't know there is any real benefit. I feel like it's like having the non-smoking section right next to the smoking section. If she lowers the temp and I start to get cold, then I would bump up the heat, and then she might bump up the A/C, and back-and-forth we go for eternity. And then when it's just me, I have to go back and put them in sync.

Reactions: Dave M

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I don't know why, but it bothers the OCD in me when my wife changes just the temperature on her side. The temperatures are out-of-sync and I don't know there is any real benefit. I feel like it's like having the non-smoking section right next to the smoking section. If she lowers the temp and I start to get cold, then I would bump up the heat, and then she might bump up the A/C, and back-and-forth we go for eternity. And then when it's just me, I have to go back and put them in sync.
This is the reason why I never liked auto temp

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Infiniti is dying as a car line overall here in Chicago as I’m sure in other markets also.

4E7D8391-2FE3-483A-8E7E-E12C927C412A.jpeg

Reactions: cacicgtp7

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
The Infiniti Q70 won’t be returning for the 2020 model year, effectively killing Infiniti’s large luxury sedan.

The Q70 had such a small market share and consumer base that I doubt that moves the needle much. It'll probably be financially a lot better for Infiniti though.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Update:

Poor Infiniti decidedly did not have a stellar year last year. Abysmal sales figures reports from October led us to declare the automaker was getting creamed. And after viewing its recently published, overall 2019 sales figures, we can unilaterally conclude that, yes, Infiniti got creamed.

Last year, Infiniti only managed to sell 117,708 cars, down from 149,280 in 2018, according to a company press release that also highlights the brand’s December 2019 sales. Bravely, as though grasping desperately for a silver lining, it reports, “... the QX80 full-size luxury sport utility vehicle [had] its best month ever, with deliveries of 2,580, a 9 percent increase.”

True, the luxury SUV segment saw very strong sales during the last few months of 2019, so no doubt Infiniti was riding that wave. But if we zoom out just a bit and examine the bigger picture, things become very bleak, very fast. Every single one of Infiniti’s cars sold worse in 2019 than in 2018.

Every. Single. One.

iec3zbc2sj6gc1xslq69.jpg

Look at all those minus signs! Negative percent changes in sales of the Q50, Q60, Q70, QX30, QX50, QX60, and QX80—coincidentally, also cars I cannot for the life of me accurately bring to mind, no matter how hard I try. I shudder to think of what would happen to me if I brought this report card home to my mother. She’d go straight for the drawer with the mahjong ruler.

A few things undoubtedly contributed to this. First, there’s Infiniti’s seeming inability to put up, like, ever. Second, former chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance Carlos Ghosn’s 2018 arrest probably didn’t do Infiniti any favors. Then, after bad sales and Brexit uncertainties, Infiniti bounced from western Europe altogether.

Maybe 2020 will see Infiniti’s big comeback tour, the one where the brand will embark on its journey to go all-electric or hybrid by 2021. Or maybe Nissan will decide to pull a 2013 and cancel Infiniti for good. The numbers are certainly there to support this path.

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I wonder if Nissan could go bankrupt

In other news: Nissan's former CEO/savior is now a fugitive

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The only thing Infiniti has going for them is the VR engine. The entire lineup is dated and lacks excitement

Johan De Nysschen ruined the company in my opinion (2012-2014) and subsequently went on to Cadillac which is also struggling. The lineup was pretty solid until his arrival competing well against the Germans. I love my G37 and it was the Japenese BMW (3 series) for the time, but I wouldn't touch the new Q50.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I wonder if Nissan could go bankrupt

In other news: Nissan's former CEO/savior is now a fugitive

I thought I read the Renault take over was already approved for Nissan?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info