Industrial Tech $28-29 hour to start

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
We just lost a manager at Aurora, and have a bunch of tech positions open again.

if you need work we are hiring like crazy
We get at least 1-2 people a week showing up to the Exxon refinery in joilet because they think it's the Amazon warehouse a couple miles north.........

They completely ignore the huge Exxon sign and huge refinery right behind it, wait at the gates expecting them to open, then they walk into security and say "I'm here for an Amazon interview. GPS says it's here."

One even asked "are you sure?" When we told them this isn't Amazon.

:rofl:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What is the actual job? Like what does a tech 2 do and a tech 3?
Pretty much the same thing, one makes more money. You have to test for it. Mechanical, some electrical, maybe a controls question or two. Basic associate IQ is pretty low...it’s mostly running around fixing super basic shit a HS student could fix. It’s a very easy tech job. You’re assigned PMs for the day every day, after you finish them you enter them into a computer

most of the day you’re clearing box jams or rescuing pit vehicles (batteries dead). Once a week or every other week you swap out a bearing or change a conveyor belt. Place is clean, air conditioned, tools provided

hardest thing to deal with is holding your composure when you want to lose your shit on some idiot

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
We get at least 1-2 people a week showing up to the Exxon refinery in joilet because they think it's the Amazon warehouse a couple miles north.........

They completely ignore the huge Exxon sign and huge refinery right behind it, wait at the gates expecting them to open, then they walk into security and say "I'm here for an Amazon interview. GPS says it's here."

One even asked "are you sure?" When we told them this isn't Amazon.

:rofl:
Sounds about right. Arrogant and stupid right? I don’t where they all come from

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Sounds about right. Arrogant and stupid right? I don’t where they all come from

nailedit.gif

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Welp. I’m disqualified! [emoji1787]

How long to you have to stay at each level before you can test up?
Depends on the manager, if you’re a rockstar and they need to fill a position it’s not an issue. 2 moths maybe.

I forgot to mention, you’re eligible for management in 2 years, with no degree. Our AM’s make 100, MM’s about 125-140k

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
id love the dough to do this ron, but as it is i nearly cant handle repairing/maintaining surrounded by nearly 50 "meh, dont care"

any robot arm/multi axis controller stuffs?

been working alot lately with servo drives/controls with the 3d printers/cnc.

are the folks leaving because of too much mandatory overtime or sumthin?

any heavy mechanical departments or are they under yer tech dept?

bonus's/extra pay for supplying own toolboxes/mobile welders/tools/diagnostics?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
id love the dough to do this ron, but as it is i nearly cant handle repairing/maintaining surrounded by nearly 50 "meh, dont care"

any robot arm/multi axis controller stuffs?

been working alot lately with servo drives/controls with the 3d printers/cnc.

are the folks leaving because of too much mandatory overtime or sumthin?

any heavy mechanical departments or are they under yer tech dept?

bonus's/extra pay for supplying own toolboxes/mobile welders/tools/diagnostics?
Lol. No

seriously, it’s super remedial.

red tape and paperwork

Amazon does not fix stuff, they replace it

they don’t allow more than 12 hour days, more than 6 consecutive days of work, or over 60 hours in a week

only servos in anything is a box on demand machine. Our PM requires us to inspect and clean. It’s leased, if it has a real problem a tech from the manufacturer is called.

the safety is over the top. We have to wear a 40cal suit to close a knife switch.

you have to complete a form to use a screwdriver

I think a lot of the problem is people don’t like following all the dumb rules

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i have a computer built into one of my service carts, permissible to print documentation or is it you need an office with trays of various forms bs?

i can follow rules, but is the system able to receive feedback to correct things/change procedures to reflect real world issues, not forseen by "the system".... and actually make changes/improvements, instead of lip service?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
i have a computer built into one of my service carts, permissible to print documentation or is it you need an office with trays of various forms bs?

i can follow rules, but is the system able to receive feedback to correct things/change procedures to reflect real world issues, not forseen by "the system".... and actually make changes/improvements, instead of lip service?
They give you a laptop, you don’t need anything. It’s essentially all electronic paperwork. You need BASIC hand tools that they provide. 9/16 or 1/2 wrench and a screwdriver is enough for 90% of what you do

ok, you need to understand it’s Groundhog Day here, things don’t really change. There’s like a 1/4 maybe of regular people that stay. And I mean at Amazon, not my company. Amazon is the customer, we do what they ask.

Every 6 months there is a new management staff. They come in andtry to change everything, which never happens, they move on to new buildings, new management comes in, and the cycle repeats.

they bring in hundreds of new employees to each location every year so basically every employee or manager has no idea what they are doing. the systems in place are rigid to deal with that.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Need people bad...go to Daifuku's website (listed earlier in the thread) you can search for positions by area. I'm doing work scheduling today...and it's a clusterfuck because we need more staffing

Damnit.... I really need to see whats going on here.

Stupid question, but is it a place where you would be able to stay a long time and advance quite a bit if youre not a total fuckup?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yes

Company has been good to me. You are eligible to go into management by year two with no degree.

you really got to fuck up to get booted or held back from opportunities.

The upside is huge growth, so there’s a lot of opportunity; the downside is all the growth and the pain that goes with it.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
If I neglected to get back to PM's I'm sorry. I like never check them.

Basically, just look through the thread if you have any other questions, or ask them here so everyone can see the answers. I can't forward any info to managers. If you use my name as a reference I'll probably get asked about the person (so do that). So you need to go to the website posted earlier and apply.

We are so hard up for techs, we flew in a few from Cali to cover open spots! We are booming going into our peak season right now.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
If I neglected to get back to PM's I'm sorry. I like never check them.

Basically, just look through the thread if you have any other questions, or ask them here so everyone can see the answers. I can't forward any info to managers. If you use my name as a reference I'll probably get asked about the person (so do that). So you need to go to the website posted earlier and apply.

We are so hard up for techs, we flew in a few from Cali to cover open spots! We are booming going into our peak season right now.

Saw in you car thread you’re starting a new job, did things go sideways here? Just trying something new? :dunno:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, kind of. I started a new position with a manager that didn’t have experience with Amazon. He screwed up a lot, and my position was an easy scapegoat. It got so bad I opened a harassment claim with HR.
It’s been four years anyway so probably time to jump. I found another job doing what I want to be doing for more money, and 3 weeks of vacation to start. It would have taken a few years more with ELS/Daifuku to get to this level.

still, for a lot of people these tech positions are a good deal. A lot of companies look favorably on techs that have worked with Amazon so if anything it’s a good addition to a resume.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yeah, kind of. I started a new position with a manager that didn’t have experience with Amazon. He screwed up a lot, and my position was an easy scapegoat. It got so bad I opened a harassment claim with HR.
It’s been four years anyway so probably time to jump. I found another job doing what I want to be doing for more money, and 3 weeks of vacation to start. It would have taken a few years more with ELS/Daifuku to get to this level.

still, for a lot of people these tech positions are a good deal. A lot of companies look favorably on techs that have worked with Amazon so if anything it’s a good addition to a resume.

Congrats on the new gig at least!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info