in-line fuel pumps

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
how many people use them? can i use an in-line pump in conjunction to my pump in the tank? as like a secondary pump just in case?

if not i will be buying a prj pump at some point. but how necessary is the harness? is it hard to wire or something?

sorry to be a noob but i have yet to learn everything. :rollpicard:

utryd2

Reaction score
I have an inline walbro 255 new with mounting kit I will sell you for 100 if you want it.
shoot me a pm if so.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use two pumps, but you don't get a 1:1 increase out of the 2nd pump. What are you trying to accomplish?

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
You can use two pumps, but you don't get a 1:1 increase out of the 2nd pump. What are you trying to accomplish?

well i am having a fueling problem (at WOT and boost above 8#'s...it was fine for a couple weeks at like 15#) the fuel pressure drops down to like 37psi. i am not sure if it is the pump or the regulator. i ordered an adjustable regulator but it hasn't came in yet. but i bought my pump used so it could also be that. so i was just thinking about throwing an in-line pump on the car. :dunno: i figured it may pick up the slack that the other one has (if the pump is the problem)

hope that's not to confusing, i've had a few to drink :rollpicard:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What pump will you be running? One pump should be able to handle your power levels I'd suspect.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
What pump will you be running? One pump should be able to handle your power levels I'd suspect.
a single pump could def. handle my power level. i just dont know of any good in-tank pumps besides one from prjperformance for $225 and i dont want to spend that much if i dont have to. i figured i could get a in-line one for a lot cheaper

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about the Bosch pump? Or a walbro? Should only be about $100 pump.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The walbro 255 is commonly used in tank on 3800s. What size injectors are you using?

SRT41320

Reaction score
many options....

1) walbro 255 intank would be the easiest - for most cars its almost twice the flow and fits in stock tanks

2) walbro 255 intank to another 255 inline - budget builds use this setup a lot

3) walbro 255 intank to a Bosch 044 inline pump - pretty common among anybody looking to get a little more out of a 2 walbro 255s - little more pricey though, but still budget friendly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom