Impossible Whopper coming to BK 8/8

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Vegans being vegans....

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/vegetarians-beware-burger-king-impossible-whopper-asterisk

Vegetarians and vegans may have a slight problem ordering Burger King's new Impossible Whoppers.

Despite being made with a plant-based Impossible Foods patty, Burger King’s Impossible Whoppers, which hit nationwide menus on Thursday, will be cooked in the same broiler as the chain’s beef and chicken offerings unless a customer requests otherwise.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
v1ipZ5k.jpg

To start, a medium Impossible meal is damn near 10 bucks. It was 9.xx. To compare, I believe a medium Whopper meal is normally somewhere between 7 and 8 bucks...so you do pay a premium (which isn't surprising).

The first thing I noticed was the lack of that signature flame broiled smell that you usually get. The second was that while the "meat" more or less looks like meat, you can tell its not really a true Whopper. I added cheese (because who doesn't like cheese) but I dont think it really made a difference in taste overall.

Getting right to it, and this ties in to my first point, you don't get that BK taste that you're used to. The flavor is much more subdued...I actually found all the ingredients to blend into one another, forming one uniform taste...with the normal whopper, the meat is always the star. The texture of the impossible was good. Again, the cheese didn't take away anything or really add much. One thing (and maybe its unrelated), I finished my meal and felt far less "fat" vs when I normally hammer BK...not sure if that was because of the meat or because I didnt get my usual Double Stacker.

In finality, I will say that my experience at Burger King was sublime and my treatment near that of a gladiator most decorated. But the street parking wasn't that great. Two and a half stars.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
v1ipZ5k.jpg

To start, a medium Impossible meal is damn near 10 bucks. It was 9.xx. To compare, I believe a medium Whopper meal is normally somewhere between 7 and 8 bucks...so you do pay a premium (which isn't surprising).

The first thing I noticed was the lack of that signature flame broiled smell that you usually get. The second was that while the "meat" more or less looks like meat, you can tell its not really a true Whopper. I added cheese (because who doesn't like cheese) but I dont think it really made a difference in taste overall.

Getting right to it, and this ties in to my first point, you don't get that BK taste that you're used to. The flavor is much more subdued...I actually found all the ingredients to blend into one another, forming one uniform taste...with the normal whopper, the meat is always the star. The texture of the impossible was good. Again, the cheese didn't take away anything or really add much. One thing (and maybe its unrelated), I finished my meal and felt far less "fat" vs when I normally hammer BK...not sure if that was because of the meat or because I didnt get my usual Double Stacker.

In finality, I will say that my experience at Burger King was sublime and my treatment near that of a gladiator most decorated. But the street parking wasn't that great. Two and a half stars.

i'm curious to try this too, since the whopper is a pretty familiar taste for me.

i would think most would not care, like i don't think most are hankering or craving for meat anyway.

Probably a bit healthier. Better if you are against factory farming.

i've had some bites of (non-whopper) ones and i was pretty impressed. the thing was, i thought it would be more expensive, but healthier, so, cool trade off. right? but it's really not some much healthier slam dunk at all.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beyo...kML3Le3xWEWVBz-IRkoyanc3HxESWdT72gBFnTAkNApi4

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
i'm curious to try this too, since the whopper is a pretty familiar taste for me.

i would think most would not care, like i don't think most are hankering or craving for meat anyway.

i've had some bites of (non-whopper) ones and i was pretty impressed. the thing was, i thought it would be more expensive, but healthier, so, cool trade off. right? but it's really not some much healthier slam dunk at all.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beyo...kML3Le3xWEWVBz-IRkoyanc3HxESWdT72gBFnTAkNApi4

Interesting. I wasnt aware that it was made from processed proteins and not "natural plant proteins"

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Didn't BK have this before? I had one a couple months ago unless it was a different meat alternative.

Impossible burger at White Castle was good, bit pricey at $2. Also had one at Cheesecake Factory and it was very, very good. They have two different non meat options there btw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info