Impossible burger, whos tried it?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I feel like I'm eating more of this alternative stuff than most likely would.

In no particular order, both White Castles I went to in the last two weeks were out of the veggie burger so can't comment on that one.

Had the one at Burger King. If I wasn't so hungry I'd have thrown it out, and I don't do that very often. Bland, bland, and dry.

Best so far was the Beyond burger at Milwaukee Burger Company. Yes, it's loaded with sodium. It's a good, hearty, satisfying patty. I'd say it tastes more like the meatloaf sandwiches I used to eat at Luke's gas stations.

I see the Impossible is now available at Red Robin. I'll check it out soon.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I've tried them to try them.

Compared back to back, there is no way miss the difference. Its not bad, but its not meat.

As far as healthier? Its not meat based so it has to be, right......?

Not.

1575398155288.png

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
They don't taste terrible like some of the veggie attempts I've tried in the past, but they're nowhere near a good black bean burger. It's hard to find a good black bean burger though...

As others have said, why try to taste like meat in the first place? I guess there's a market for it but I just don't get it. It's like NA beer.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
In the last week I've had the Qdoba Beyond, Chipotle Sofritas, Cheesecake Factory Impossible, and White Castle Impossible.

Cheesecake Factory was awesome. Pretty sure it was cooked with the regular burgers in regular b urger grease though.

The White Castle was good. Paired well with the smoked cheddar on it. Pricey at $2 though.

Qdoba/Chipotle was forgettable.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
In the last week I've had the Qdoba Beyond, Chipotle Sofritas, Cheesecake Factory Impossible, and White Castle Impossible.

Cheesecake Factory was awesome. Pretty sure it was cooked with the regular burgers in regular b urger grease though.

The White Castle was good. Paired well with the smoked cheddar on it. Pricey at $2 though.

Qdoba/Chipotle was forgettable.

popping up all over now. i'm a fan of protein bar - just tried their new spicy korean beyond beef metaballs bowl. they accidentally made it with quinoa even though it's supposed to use cauliflower rice (fine by me, i prefer the quinoa) - it was really good. the texture is enough for me and it was solid in this bowl. too bad it's not really healthier :p

I've tried them to try them.

Compared back to back, there is no way miss the difference. Its not bad, but its not meat.

As far as healthier? Its not meat based so it has to be, right......?

Not.

View attachment 46092

surprising too see how different some of these are, especially the big mac calories and protein. white castle calories too. these things are kinda all over! wish the beyond stuff was clearly a winner.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
popping up all over now. i'm a fan of protein bar - just tried their new spicy korean beyond beef metaballs bowl. they accidentally made it with quinoa even though it's supposed to use cauliflower rice (fine by me, i prefer the quinoa) - it was really good. the texture is enough for me and it was solid in this bowl. too bad it's not really healthier :p

surprising too see how different some of these are, especially the big mac calories and protein. white castle calories too. these things are kinda all over! wish the beyond stuff was clearly a winner.

Ha, I just had that too. I liked the beyond meatballs more than the steak in that dish, mainly because the original steak was stringy and chewy.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Ha, I just had that too. I liked the beyond meatballs more than the steak in that dish, mainly because the original steak was stringy and chewy.

i was thinking the same actually, simply from the consistency i'll happily take it.

i tend to do the buffalo chicken bowl as its the lowest calorie, the spicy korean with salmon is pretty solid too.

Reactions: Bru

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
View attachment 46092

Well, after looking at that, why would anyone want to eat one, unless they were vegetarians?
All those calories and saturated fat are supposedly from the coconut oil they have in them.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Well, after looking at that, why would anyone want to eat one, unless they were vegetarians?
All those calories and saturated fat are supposedly from the coconut oil they have in them.

i think the consistency is a fair point. you've probably had disappointing beef before - whether steak or something ground up - and i would bet the beyond meatballs are superior to plenty of sad meatball examples out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info