Impossible burger, whos tried it?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So I went to White Castle last night and my one buddies has been raving about the Impossible Slider and while I usually just gorge on chicken ring sandwiches, I decided to try one. They are 1.99 vs under a dollar regular sliders and they take longer to cook.

But I'll get right to it...the Impossible Slider is fantastic and I'm shocked to be saying that. I'm eager to try the Impossible Whopper when it finally hits BK nationwide.

I am reading, however, that there is already a big time shortage of this "meat" so its likely going to be awhile before this becomes mainstream.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is this like how japan made burgers from human feces

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i thought it was good. wouldnt say fantastic, but also not worth $2 IMO. but still tasty

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
i thought it was good. wouldnt say fantastic, but also not worth $2 IMO. but still tasty
Fantastic is a strong word, probably too strong.. But I was also really surprised by how good it was.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i too was surprised. scarred at first, but that first bite was like, woah. not bad.

ill still stick to my jalapeño cheese sliders

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I will!

Seriously, growing up with companies like Dow dumping new products on the market, only to recall them decades later after long term testing showed bad things, colors my way of thinking.

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Had them when they first came out and was surprised too!! Pretty good replacement.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
The last thing I want to eat is something that is mimicking meat in any way :rofl:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sooner or later, we will have 3D printed (or whatever scifi method they use) meat that is exactly like real animals.

If I'm still around, I'd try some Japanese Kobe beef that's made on a printer.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
As long as it's made from all natural ingredients and not "constructed", it might be OK.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
Sooner or later, we will have 3D printed (or whatever scifi method they use) meat that is exactly like real animals.

If I'm still around, I'd try some Japanese Kobe beef that's made on a printer.
You know they can already grow meat in a lab right?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I really like their fries, and I've probably mentioned this before to [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]'s disgust, but for some reason I only like the frozen ones you can get and microwave. Why?? I have no idea.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i had a bit of a date's, just the patty. i was surprised and really impressed.

i was at a burger place in the city (forgot which) but they had a beyond burger, not the impossible. similar but a competitor. i had the whole burger.

not sure if it took longer to cook than a regular burger, it took a bit. it was good, although being alone almost seemed better than part of the sandwich, like my brain still knew something was a bit different. not really a bad different though, just different. enjoyed, wouldn't mind ordering again.

here's the thing though - i was hoping it would be a lot healthier too. although that is super debatable. it's not an obvious win there, unfortunately.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
A few months ago when Burger King announced that they were going to offer the impossible burger there was a news special on them. They talked about what makes a burger taste like a burger. Down to the molecules. They showed how they searched for plants that could match it these specific requirements. Then how they played to get the texture, look, smell, and so on. It was interesting to watch.

Then the program had a few people taste test a normal Whopper and an impossible version of it. Everyone was surprised by how much it tasted like a beef burger. Even how the juices came out of it when you bite into it.

I have to say I was interested in trying one. But have yet to do so.

Marko

Reaction score
LOL at the “meat” comment.

I’ve tried it. It’s pretty good. I’d get it again. And the chicken rings are my favorite.

Also, fast food isn’t that fast anymore. Lol.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i'm interested in trying the whopper one for sure, as it's such a familiar burger to me already!

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
here's the thing though - i was hoping it would be a lot healthier too. although that is super debatable. it's not an obvious win there, unfortunately.
I was surprised by how much saturated fat was in just the patty, and, of course, it takes a ton of salt to make that shit taste good so sodium is high too. More than a McD's quarter-pounder beef patty, and the same number of calories. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom