I'm trying to find a good pancake mix

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I occasionally went to Bakers Square for breakfast and they had good pancakes, but they recently closed.
Does anyone know of a good pancake mix? I know this seems like a strange question, but I've literally tried every single brand in the store and they all suck pretty bad. I don't know what else to try.

I'm willing to make my own if necessary and will combine flour, baking soda and whatever else to get the best stuff.
Anybody have any ideas or some good recipes?

Reactions: Z28Camaro

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Believe it or not, I use the now-racial Aunt Jemima "just add water" mix then blend in some vanilla extract. Makes some pretty good flapjacks.

YUP.

i tend to stick to the just add water pre mixes, and have good results. the key is to use lots of butter while cooking. butter the pan, cook 1 side, flip, add butter to top, take off, add more butter while resting / cooking remaining cakes. serve with more butter and syrup.

Reactions: Jamesv82

Space Ghost

Mar 12, 2020
Chicago
1596215543114.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
IHOP Pancakes (copycat)

Fluffy and delicious homemade pancakes that taste like the ones from IHOP restaurant!

Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes

Servings 8
Author Holly
Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
  • 2 Tablespoons butter melted
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar
Instructions
  • In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • In a small bowl, combine egg and buttermilk. Whisk together until blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Add melted butter and sugar to batter and whisk until combined.
  • Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with cooking spray or butter. Drop 1/4 cup batter on pan and spread into a 5-inch circle. Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface and edges begin to brown. Gently flip and continue to brown other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
  • Serve with butter and warm syrup. Enjoy!

I always liked IHOP pancakes so found this online.... Maybe it was because I always had them when drunk though. :bowrofl:

Reactions: nytebyte

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
My advice is to throw the mixes in the trash.

My pancake recipe:

1.5 cups flour
3 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
1.5 Tsp sugar

Sift all dry ingredients together well

1 large egg
1.5 cups of milk
4 Tbsp melted butter (can also use 1/4 cup cooking oil instead of butter)

Beat egg and mix in oil and milk separately

Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Don’t use a mixer, stir together until lumps are nearly gone. It’s ok to have some small lumps remaining. Adjust final consistency by alternatively adding Tbsp of milk or flour.

Cook on cast iron griddle (or Blackstone flat top grill if you are a TCG baller)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info