• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I'm sure I'll get flak for this, but looking for input

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So as has been mentioned, stock 5.0's are a bit cookie-cutter, and I'm looking to make my 2014 GT a little more 'my own'.

Due to an 'incident' I had a while ago, I'll be installing Rousch fog lights, and then likely the grills to match (so the front will look identical to below):

328025-roush-fog-lamps-mustang-6.jpg

I've been thinking about other unique touches aside from the obvious (Tint, and dark colored wheels *Gun metal, or Satin of some kind, not black or silver) to set my car apart as my own, and the hood vents came to mind after seeing Outlaw do his in black on his white car.

I was thinking about doing something like this:

Mustang Hood Vent Accent Decal - Matte Black (13-14 All) - Free Shipping

But in Red, and only the top trim, not the lower vent parts themselves. I did it in Plastidip as an experiment (Doesn't work due to not really being able to tape-off anything when it comes to Plastidip easily, and Black 'showing through'), and I thought it was a neat touch (They were not fully mounted in this picture just kind of resting in the spot with the hood popped):

363EFC1E-0D13-4BA3-9A01-065A8365A755_zpsibyj4gk6.jpg

Thoughts? Feelings on the Laguna stripes with the Rousch front clip? Etc?

Cliffs:

I have a black mustang, and don't want to murder it out, but want to make it a little unique.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Hood vents look stupid on base model GTs...just like the focus ST guys that are putting them on, they look silly. That's my opinion.

Its kinda cool seeing the heat come out of them. They are positioned right about where the headers are, so I'd imagine they help quite a bit.

Regardless they are on the car, figure its as good a place as any to make a little styling touch :dunno:.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Skip the red. Keep it black just shift between matte and glossy. If you want to add some depth maybe accents in like a deep slate color?

Are you trying to stay under $ xxx xxx ?

When it comes to this kinda stuff, I'm not looking to spend any serious sum of money, just looking to set the car apart.

The black BOSS cars had slate/dark stripes:

0.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i don't like the red. look alright on the green car in the link, since your car is already black... i have a hard time coming up with something i personally think would be appealing as far as colors on the black though.

my first real "mod" is always wheels and tires. sticky wide summers on as light/hard/cheap of a wheel i can get that i pray is not fugly. 17s or 18s. on this car 18s on direzzas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info