I'm gonna buy a house, so a house inspector wanted to check it is gonna be worth.

I'm looking for someone with vast knowlegde in houses, I'm gonna sign a contract to buy a house which allows me 5 days to have it checked all around, in case there is something not right I can retract from buying it.

The house is located on stone park, 4 blocks away from Lake and Manheim intersection, it is 3 stories, basement and two floors. I am concern in signs of pipe leacking on the walls and roof and the foundation health.

Recommendations to hire an expert, anyone? around how much is it gonna cost and how long does it take? or if you are down for the task contact me P.M.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I'm gonna buy a house, so a house inspector wanted to check it is gonna be wo...

I would strongly recommend not buying in Stone Park. The township is beyond corrupt, the city inspectors only focus on violations for revenue and if you ever want to try and sell the place your in for a hell of a time due to its reputation. I could go on and on having lived there for 17 years I won't shit up your thread.

To not get OT make sure your with the inspector if possible to ask them questions about your concerns or anything they discover. Some inspectors focus on little things while others only look at major items. There is hardly any regulations around house inspections and they all do things differently. Make sure he takes pictures for his report as it helps in negotiations. There is only so much they can see but good inspectors will crawl in the attic, crawl space and get up on the roof.

Pricing varies I have seen typically between $250-500. The last guy I used is retired or else I would give you his number, I recommend doing research on whomever you choose (Angie's list BBB, google searches etc)

I would strongly recommend not buying in Stone Park. The township is beyond corrupt, the city inspectors only focus on violations for revenue and if you ever want to try and sell the place your in for a hell of a time due to its reputation. I could go on and on having lived there for 17 years I won't shit up your thread.

To not get OT make sure your with the inspector if possible to ask them questions about your concerns or anything they discover. Some inspectors focus on little things while others only look at major items. There is hardly any regulations around house inspections and they all do things differently. Make sure he takes pictures for his report as it helps in negotiations. There is only so much they can see but good inspectors will crawl in the attic, crawl space and get up on the roof.

Pricing varies I have seen typically between $250-500. The last guy I used is retired or else I would give you his number, I recommend doing research on whomever you choose (Angie's list BBB, google searches etc)

I know and understand all you are talking about, that town is not top of the line, although the house has exactly and little more of what we're looking for, and its situated around all of my brother's work places. At least is not Maywood...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info