On Topic Illinois prosecuters are trash right now

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Schaumburg, not sure who's house. I've been charged and beaten shit a lot worse than a fucking assault thats child shit, lol. Do you understand how hard it is to charge and convict someone of murder or attempted murder? Again I know a LEO that is very close to my family, you guys should be able to figure out who. He personally knows cops in Schaumburg and he says its self defense or mutual combat, whatever you choose to call it. He also said they might eventually cave in and charge the kid with something else. If they do, I'd imagine it would be assault. Even if convicted, its a slap on the wrist. It wouldnt even make it to trial, here take these little 2 years of probation and anger management classes and the case is over lol.
Problem with LEO's is that many don't understand the law, statutes, or are well versed in even basic constitutional rights. I kind of take what my LEO buddies say with a grain of salt.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
LOL.....its a long story, but short version is my sister got shoved by a bouncer at a bar downtown, me and another sister of mine started throwing punches at the bouncers. Both of us got arrested, spent the night in jail in Chicago, and were charged with assault. Prosecutor offered us a plea deal right before the trial, we told him to fuck off. Had an 8 hour trial because the prosecutor called 8 or 9 witnesses, including a CPD officer to testify against us. We claimed self defense and were found not guilty after an ~8 hour long trial.

Friend of mine is a lawyer so he handled it for free. I was nervous though how it would play out, so spent a shit load of time reading about the IL laws around assault.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't think murder or attempted murder for a conviction here. I only said aggravated assault, which is a felony and could justify some prison time.

If this guy really showed up somewhere other than his house for a fight and brought a knife, he should be a convicted felon, even if it doesn't result in prison, so his background check shows up aggravated assault with a weapon that resulted in someone's death so anyone checking knows he is a nutcase.
I can assure you, an 18yr old kid doesnt have a background bad enough to warrant prison time for that. I know guys with horrible backgrounds (in and out of prison) that have been charged with aggravated assault with a weapon that plead it down to a misdemeanor and got off with a slap on the wrist. Also, even if he did get a felony conviction (highly unlikely), its not going to show up that someone died as a result of it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Problem with LEO's is that many don't understand the law, statutes, or are well versed in even basic constitutional rights. I kind of take what my LEO buddies say with a grain of salt.
Fair enough and I'll agree to a point on that

svtcobra725

Regular
Reaction score
LOL.....its a long story, but short version is my sister got shoved by a bouncer at a bar downtown, me and another sister of mine started throwing punches at the bouncers. Both of us got arrested, spent the night in jail in Chicago, and were charged with assault. Prosecutor offered us a plea deal right before the trial, we told him to fuck off. Had an 8 hour trial because the prosecutor called 8 or 9 witnesses, including a CPD officer to testify against us. We claimed self defense and were found not guilty after an ~8 hour long trial.

Friend of mine is a lawyer so he handled it for free. I was nervous though how it would play out, so spent a shit load of time reading about the IL laws around assault.
You mean laws about battery? Because in Illinois laws about assault are threats of physical harm.

svtcobra725

Regular
Reaction score
Leo’s have to know enough to get probable cause. Attorneys have to either prove beyond a reasonable doubt or bring to light a minimal amount of doubt (depends which side your on).

Two completely different aspects of the law. Leo’s can’t sit in a swanky office chair drinking a glass of bourbon with a cigar on hand examining a case to find holes. They see if the elements of the statute is met and if so a crime is charged.

It’s not a problem of the Leo profession it’s the public wanting too much out of one person. Why are there unions for every specific part of a construction job? because having a specialized person typically will get you better faster results. There’s a reason why you don’t have random handyman that are OK at everything doing all these jobs but Joe public wants the perfect cop on every call on every case but doesn’t want his taxes raised to train that cop to be better.

I’m just saying you are asking way too much out of a profession that is always given the bare minimum to work with.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well they charged him with murder but as a juvenile. Let’s see if he gets convicted, I’m saying no. Possibly plead down to a lesser charge.

svtcobra725

Regular
Reaction score
Well they charged him with murder but as a juvenile. Let’s see if he gets convicted, I’m saying no. Possibly plead down to a lesser charge.

He was charged as an adult

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
He was charged as an adult
Am I missing something?

Prosecutors charged a 17-year-old boy as a juvenile with first-degree murder Monday in connection with the Sept. 28 fatal stabbing of an unarmed Elgin teen during a fight in Schaumburg

svtcobra725

Regular
Reaction score
Am I missing something?

Prosecutors charged a 17-year-old boy as a juvenile with first-degree murder Monday in connection with the Sept. 28 fatal stabbing of an unarmed Elgin teen during a fight in Schaumburg
Yea that’s wrong, I know a guy who knows a guy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom