On Topic Illinois prosecuters are trash right now

OP
Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Old news bro, we have talked about both in a separate thread
I pointed out in the other thread, its not just Crook, all neighboring Counties are doing the same shit
I think it deserved its own. thats some bullshit.

I guess ill change the title to Illinois Prosecutors

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell any type of murder, attempted murder charge or anything similar would stick in court. Its 100% self defense in both cases.
The stabbing case, unlawful use of a weapon, sure that will hold up. The shooting case, I thought and I could be wrong. They re-arrested the dudes a week or 2 later on some gun charges.

OP
Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell any type of murder, attempted murder charge or anything similar would stick in court. Its 100% self defense in both cases.
The stabbing case, unlawful use of a weapon, sure that will hold up. The shooting case, I thought and I could be wrong. They re-arrested the dudes a week or 2 later on some gun charges.
I don't see how the first stabbing is self defense when the guy with the knife followed the kid home. Or at least that is how I understood the story.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
You mean them not having FOID cards didn't stop them from getting guns?

Looking it up (oddly) Illinois is not a duty to retreat state. I'd like to see the whole video of that stabbing for context and understand any other context, arguably if the person who got stabbed initiated the fight the other guy defended himself. They were about the same build though so it could be argued the knife is a disparity of force and therefore some sort of murder or manslaughter. If it would have been a 16YO against a 60YO with a knife that gets a lot more ambiguous and self defense becomes a plausible defense. If the guy who did the stabbing initiated the fight it'd almost certainly be murder. If he followed him home and stabbed him that'd probably be chargeable as first degree murder since him following the guy shows intent.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the first stabbing is self defense when the guy with the knife followed the kid home. Or at least that is how I understood the story.
More to the story, taunting went back and forth via social media for weeks and they agreed to fight via social media. Dont believe the Mom's sob story about her kid being bullied. Its more so the other way around, and that comes from a very reliable source. This reliable source who is LE, agreed that its self defense. He said the State might cave in and charge him with something else, but an average attorney can beat the case.

You mean them not having FOID cards didn't stop them from getting guns?

Looking it up (oddly) Illinois is not a duty to retreat state. I'd like to see the whole video of that stabbing for context and understand any other context, arguably if the person who got stabbed initiated the fight the other guy defended himself. They were about the same build though so it could be argued the knife is a disparity of force and therefore some sort of murder or manslaughter. If it would have been a 16YO against a 60YO with a knife that gets a lot more ambiguous and self defense becomes a plausible defense. If the guy who did the stabbing initiated the fight it'd almost certainly be murder. If he followed him home and stabbed him that'd probably be chargeable as first degree murder since him following the guy shows intent.
See above

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Maybe the "news" should do their fucking jobs
The local news is soooooo fucking horrible dude.
2 weeks ago there was like 3-4 shootings (2-3 dead) all in and around the neighborhood where my barbers shop is at and where I go get Cuban Coffee. News said a war started brewing between the Spanish Cobras and Imperial Gangsters who both have hoods in that area. They have been at war since the late 90's, this aint something new lol.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo, if one person is deceased and the other is standing above the body, I guess its "mortal kombat", I mean "mutual combat".

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo, if one person is deceased and the other is standing above the body, I guess its "mortal kombat", I mean "mutual combat".
Now matter how you portray it, it still boils down to self defense in this case. There is a ton of shit that lead up to this that the media isnt telling you.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
Now matter how you portray it, it still boils down to self defense in this case. There is a ton of shit that lead up to this that the media isnt telling you.
I dont doubt it. However, most people arent going to know that and start interoperating things their own way. Which is going to cause more issues.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Where did the fight/stabbing take place? I can see this being self defense based on location. But if there is documentation of the stabber agreeing to a fight, and then willingly located himself into another area in order to engage in a fight, how would it not be felony (aggravated) assault (since he showed up with a weapon)? I'm not a lawyer, but I've been charged with assault and had an 8 hour long trial....so remember the angles prosecutors come at cases like this.

If the dude that got stabbed showed up at the stabber's house, then yeah....probably self defense (not knowing all the details).

Sec. 12-2. Aggravated assault.
(a) Offense based on location of conduct. A person commits aggravated assault when he or she commits an assault against an individual who is on or about a public way, public property, a public place of accommodation or amusement, or a sports venue, or in a church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place used for religious worship.

(9) Knowingly video or audio records the offense
with the intent to disseminate the recording.
(d) Sentence. Aggravated assault as defined in subdivision (a), (b)(1), (b)(2), (b)(3), (b)(4), (b)(7), (b)(8), (b)(9), (c)(1), (c)(4), or (c)(9) is a Class A misdemeanor, except that aggravated assault as defined in subdivision (b)(4) and (b)(7) is a Class 4 felony if a Category I, Category II, or Category III weapon is used in the commission of the assault.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Problem is that it isn't mutual combat since the law defines that as being fair or equal terms. The other kid brought a knife, so it wasn't equal terms. The kid should be charged with murder and let the courts/attorneys figure it out.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Like I said, there's a disparity of force there unless the other kid knew karate or something.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Maybe you guys just don't see this, but they're mutually peacefully protesting... each other.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Where did the fight/stabbing take place? I can see this being self defense based on location. But if there is documentation of the stabber agreeing to a fight, and then willingly located himself into another area in order to engage in a fight, how would it not be felony (aggravated) assault (since he showed up with a weapon)? I'm not a lawyer, but I've been charged with assault and had an 8 hour long trial....so remember the angles prosecutors come at cases like this.

If the dude that got stabbed showed up at the stabber's house, then yeah....probably self defense (not knowing all the details).

Schaumburg, not sure who's house. I've been charged and beaten shit a lot worse than a fucking assault thats child shit, lol. Do you understand how hard it is to charge and convict someone of murder or attempted murder? Again I know a LEO that is very close to my family, you guys should be able to figure out who. He personally knows cops in Schaumburg and he says its self defense or mutual combat, whatever you choose to call it. He also said they might eventually cave in and charge the kid with something else. If they do, I'd imagine it would be assault. Even if convicted, its a slap on the wrist. It wouldnt even make it to trial, here take these little 2 years of probation and anger management classes and the case is over lol.

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
Eh, I'm sure the other will run into someone who's a better fighter within the next couple years, and he'll be joining the other dead guy... that's how the streets work.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Eh, I'm sure the other will run into someone who's a better fighter within the next couple years, and he'll be joining the other dead guy... that's how the streets work.
In Chgo yes, not in Schaumburg lol

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Schaumburg, not sure who's house. I've been charged and beaten shit a lot worse than a fucking assault thats child shit, lol. Do you understand how hard it is to charge and convict someone of murder or attempted murder? Again I know a LEO that is very close to my family, you guys should be able to figure out who. He personally knows cops in Schaumburg and he says its self defense or mutual combat, whatever you choose to call it. He also said they might eventually cave in and charge the kid with something else. If they do, I'd imagine it would be assault. Even if convicted, its a slap on the wrist. It wouldnt even make it to trial, here take these little 2 years of probation and anger management classes and the case is over lol.
I don't think murder or attempted murder for a conviction here. I only said aggravated assault, which is a felony and could justify some prison time.

If this guy really showed up somewhere other than his house for a fight and brought a knife, he should be a convicted felon, even if it doesn't result in prison, so his background check shows up aggravated assault with a weapon that resulted in someone's death so anyone checking knows he is a nutcase.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom