Illinois House Passes "Fix the FOID" Legislation

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/while-you-celebrated-memorial-day-with-your-family-democrats-passed-sb1966/

U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- The House members were called to Springfield Sunday evening and early Monday morning a committee passed SB1966, the bill which raises the cost of the FOID card to nearly $100 for 5 years ($20 FOID fee + $30 fingerprint fee + $38 FBI background check fee) instead of $10 for 10 years. Fingerprinting of law abiding citizens is still mandated, and private firearm sales are banned. The bill now goes to the House floor for a vote at anytime.

This bill also seeks to undo what our friend Otis McDonald fought so hard for in Chicago with McDonald vs Chicago. The bill will keep many law-abiding people in the poorest and most dangerous neighborhoods from being able to legally purchase a firearm. The following statement is from our friends at the 761st Gun Club of Illinois:

“SB1966 could be called for a vote today in the House. We know that there are a few members of the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus not feeling this bill as this WILL cause a disadvantage for the Black community. Give them a call today at their Springfield office to inform them to vote NO for this bill. If you are a member of this club you know the history of the FOID card. Educate them. Flood the phones today and tell them to vote No!”

Representative Willis may not even be aware that her “Fix the FOID” bill, SB1966, will end firearm purchases for IL Medical Marijuana card holders. MM users can only purchase firearms through private transfers due to federal law. Once private transfers are banned, so is the right to legally purchase firearms by MM card holders. The same will be true for recreational marijuana users if the recreational use bill passes.
This is a slightly dated article. The bill was passed through the house today, and will go back before the Senate to be passed(again) in a concurrence vote. It sounds like they need to ram this through in a hurry to get it on the Governor's desk.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
$100 for 5 years and required fingerprinting?
Yeah, fuck all that shit.

The FOID was declared unconstitutional by a recent court case which has been appealed to the IL Supreme Court. Let's hope they uphold freedom and the 2nd amendment.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
this will totally ruin the used gun market not that I sell many guns but if your only option is to trade it to a dealer you will be getting 25 cents on the dollar

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
There already getting a ton of money off concealed carry licenses every 5 years I’ll be dumping hundreds of dollars on pieces of plastic to retain my rights, between the weather this spring and all the bullshit put through by our state government I’m ready to move south

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
This sucks big time.

Lot more money, no more private gun sales, etc.

Hope this gets thrown out by the Supreme Court.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
This state sucks.

Why aren't people crying racism over this? This law and the concealed carry permit laws are making firearms legally attainable for only those who are well off or have expendable income. There are plenty of decent people stuck living in the inner city who can't afford to legally defend themselves because of these laws.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Not that gun laws were the only reason why I left Illinois, but it's one of the many thats for sure.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
i think they got rid of the FBI check requirement.

i find, $20.00 for 5 years, and $30.00 for fingerprints.

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190529/foid-card-changes-approved-by-illinois-house

Under the bill, FOID cards will cost $20 and be valid for five years. Currently, cards cost $10 and are good for 10 years, something that hasn’t changed since the card was created in 1968.

Of the new fee, $15 would go to the State Police Firearms Service Fund and $5 to the State Police Revocation Fund, which finances efforts to remove guns from people who should no longer have them.

The bill also requires applicants for FOID cards to be fingerprinted. The bill caps the cost of fingerprints at $30, but opponents said the service costs more than that. They also said people in some areas of the state will have to travel long distances to be fingerprinted.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I don't want the state to have my fingerprints. They're none of their business.
I'm not a criminal.

Fuck them.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Been arrested a couple times...my prints are databased. I still think it's completely asinine to have to submit fingerprints for a FOID.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Few things - I don't see how this is a racist move on the legislature's part.

Don't mind with fingerprints. A lot of people have provided them if they have their CCW and wanted the permit faster.

I think it is a good idea to add fingerprints for the FOID, in turn, it may get the Democrats off of our backs for a bit considering that is adding more of a stringent law/requirement to be able to own a gun. I know that it is not a real solution, but, that could work in favor of gun owners.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
The thing is, they won't get off our backs. Next month it will be an "assault weapons" ban or some other shit. It will never stop.

Dave M

Reaction score

Don't mind with fingerprints. A lot of people have provided them if they have their CCW and wanted the permit faster.

I think it is a good idea to add fingerprints for the FOID, in turn, it may get the Democrats off of our backs for a bit considering that is adding more of a stringent law/requirement to be able to own a gun. I know that it is not a real solution, but, that could work in favor of gun owners.
Any kind of complacency over shit like this will just let them know they can keep pushing us around.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
this will totally ruin the used gun market not that I sell many guns but if your only option is to trade it to a dealer you will be getting 25 cents on the dollar
It already sucks, my buddy inquired at a shop for a G19 Gen5 that has maybe 500 rounds through it, and they said $260. It’ll be brutal if this passes

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score

IMG_3567.JPG

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
It already sucks, my buddy inquired at a shop for a G19 Gen5 that has maybe 500 rounds through it, and they said $260. It’ll be brutal if this passes
oo, knowing this, maybe i will offer 350 :jg: depends on how much of the bonus monies i can hide away from the wifey

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
whats 50 less gonna do. selling another machine would help him out better :s00ls:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
The shop I use is a little more fair, at the same time they are a business and have to make money on the gun, luckily now you can sell it yourself and cut out the middle man but not if this goes through

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom