illinois boat registration question

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
So we bought our wave runners late last year and the state/dealer took there sweet time getting us our registration information. think i got in in october. anyhow the season was over so i didnt bother buying the letters / numbers, and figured id put them on as i got ready for the season. well im betting the wife tossed the envelope with that information and now i dont know what they are. is there a way i can look it up on line, or do i need to call the state? my search hasnt led me to an online option, but maybe someone knows more than me. currently holding for someone at the idnr

anyhow any help appreciated.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
People have been complaining about IL registration/stickers all year on the Lower Fox River Boaters group. I forgot how long it took me to get my 2022 sticker for my waverunner. I got it before the season started so I probably renewed the summer before. :rofl: IL takes forever and will blame covid19 as the cause. I have been getting WI stickers for stuff in a few weeks.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As we all know Illinois is inept. It took over and year for me and they also told me what the value was on my boat for taxes EVEN when I had a bill of sale on what I paid.

Happened to my dad also. The state made him pay taxes on the book value of the boat. Despite having a legit bill of sale. Not like what he bought it for was unbelievable either. Just a winter, its shrink-wrapped, you can see it in the spring after you buy it price. :rofl:

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Got my trailer plates today. The state is fucking me out of 4 months of plate registration. The new sticker says 04-21. I didn't take ownership until August. I sent the title transfer and plate registration in right away. Why would they do this? - because they previous owners plates expired in April of this year.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Got my trailer plates today. The state is fucking me out of 4 months of plate registration. The new sticker says 04-21. I didn't take ownership until August. I sent the title transfer and plate registration in right away. Why would they do this? - because they previous owners plates expired in April of this year.

Every trailer in Illinois expires in April.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Every trailer in Illinois expires in April.
My car trailer doesn’t.
929A14C3-4F64-4FCB-921A-1501EA0B3CF2.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info