Illinois Bill HB3562: Deny FOID card to those prescibed painkillers for >90 days

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that the Department of State Police has authority to deny an application for or to revoke and seize a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued under the Act if the Department finds that the applicant or the person to whom the card was issued is or was at the time of issuance a person who has been prescribed an opioid for a continuous period of 91 or more days, provided that the person may establish that he or she is not subject to denial or revocation by submitting a written statement from a physician to the Department demonstrating that the person is not dependent on an opioid.
Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB3562

Biography: LGBT rights activist and organizer; former legislative director for the National Organization for Women; former legislative aide to state Sen. John Cullerton; former Deputy Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Director of Programs and Development in the Cook County State's Attorney's Office; only openly gay female legislator serving in the General Assembly; has three children.

Marko

Reaction score
Those damn opiates (opioids) people OD on.

And they take just to get high on. Lol

I can understand chronic pain. I have it. But it comes and goes.

Im sure they would do the same eventually for medical marijuana. If they haven’t already

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
Those damn opiates (opioids) people OD on.

And they take just to get high on. Lol

I can understand chronic pain. I have it. But it comes and goes.
I get it. Opiates are definitely a problem...But to deny someone a Constitutionally-protected right over being prescribed them for 3 months?

Marko

Reaction score
I get it. Opiates are definitely a problem...But to deny someone a Constitutionally-protected right over being prescribed them for 3 months?
I know that’s ridiculous

Doctors arent doing a good enough job. Opiates arent for everyone.

Of course. Alcohol is ok though. Im just saying.

Dont get me wrong. I like both and know my limits. Its really just common sense.

Marko

Reaction score
I believe one of the questions on applications is have you ever smoked marijuana. If you answer yes, no gun for you.
Gun nazi’s

Like in Seinfeld.

The soup nazi. “No soup for you”. LOL

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am going to say this smells like an ADA lawsuit.

Old people should take note too, I mean imagine having to take oxy for a chronic hip issue or cancer or something similar and then having stateys come by your house to collect your FOID and guns because you didn't fill the paperwork out because you well had cancer.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
Guns are bad, mmkay? Even if the Constitution says otherwise. We know better.

Why do you guys vote for these fuckers?

Exactly, just how much proof do they need??
Stupid or leeches, no other reason to ever vote for a liberal!!!

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Last week it was marijuana, this week it's pain killers, next week it will be something else.

It's obvious they're just looking for any excuse to take guns from people.

Intel

Reaction score
Only thing I would support is taking of foid/guns for people going off their psych meds without doctor support at least for a temporary basis. But that will never be enforced. Would have maybe made some of the mass shootings less probable. (NIU for example).

Anti depressants in general are linked to a lot of people who have done mass shootings but it seems a lot of the country is on them in general in the past 20 years.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Only thing I would support is taking of foid/guns for people going off their psych meds without doctor support at least for a temporary basis. But that will never be enforced. Would have maybe made some of the mass shootings less probable. (NIU for example).

Anti depressants in general are linked to a lot of people who have done mass shootings but it seems a lot of the country is on them in general in the past 20 years.
I think there's too much medication with too little supervision personally. Meds shouldn't be really given by themselves IMO.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Agree, I'm on 13 prescriptions, yes I'm doing much better, but geesh, do I really need 13???
They were giving me pain meds like candy, I couldn't function, so I cut them in 1/2.
Much much better, but I was worried about being hooked, so now I don't take those, I take non narcotic stuff only.
It hurts like hell, but my brain is much clearer.

I also know all of us should be more worried about POS criminals & brain defects getting weapons,
not some guy that broke a bone, had surgery, was in a car accident etc etc.
These liberals will use any idiotic excuse to get their way.
Doesn't do a damn thing to stop POS criminals & brain defects, but if the Conservatives support it, it's obviously bad!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom