🔧 BUILD IlikeMTB’s new whip thread V. BUILD THAT WALL ALREADY

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Hacked some shit off today. Drivers side took forever because the gas tank sits right up against about 1/4 of what I needed to cut.

Drivers side before cutting
ef38a095a75fab4b381a3fa25f428eb2.jpg

Passenger side after cutting.
db7a4574d8b6f542968f8e822119166c.jpg
7b984da29a5dcdb97fbe38bce3af7837.jpg

Also got my helper bags in. This is where I ended up putting the valves.
a8686eae2368a097a92cfc8fc96d5575.jpg

And a glamour shot
3038fc792d79543b409cddf39c70d7a1.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
How’s the ride after cutting the brackets? I’m still debating whether I should cut mine off or not.
With half my stops cut off it still hit every once in a while. With 4” more room it’s no where close. Also running the bags at “zero” but I’d assume as they’re compressed they’d still add progression to the springs.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
With half my stops cut off it still hit every once in a while. With 4” more room it’s no where close. Also running the bags at “zero” but I’d assume as they’re compressed they’d still add progression to the springs.

I put shorter stops in and really can’t feel a huge difference in the ride even though I know I’ve bottomed out a few times. I’m struggling with the idea of cutting that close to the gas tank for the extra travel I most likely will never really need. The ride can only get so much better with 22’s anyway.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I put shorter stops in and really can’t feel a huge difference in the ride even though I know I’ve bottomed out a few times. I’m struggling with the idea of cutting that close to the gas tank for the extra travel I most likely will never really need. The ride can only get so much better with 22’s anyway.
The stops that came with my belltech kit didn’t fit and before cutting the stops in half it was literally sitting on the stops :rofl:

I have the 5305 springs. They’re a 3/4 drop (currently have the spacer in) but since it had lift springs it came down about 4” total out back. I’ll have to look at your thread. I semi recall you having one.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I used a sawsall for the outside and the underneath (and the half not by the tank) and then used a prybar to bend it down and used an angle grinder with cutoff wheel. I kept a piece of sheet metal between the tank and the bracket. Gave me a bit of a buffer if it went to deep but also rattled so I knew it went to far. Took me over an hour for that side. Other side was maybe 15 minutes.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i must have missed the part where you ordered headers !
:fy:

You going custom exhaust or cat back? Do they have emissions out there?

I may just leave stock for now if it all lines up well or can be slightly modified. We do have emissions every other years so I have to add some cats to the Y pipe. On the plus side my gvwr is high enough that it doesn’t go on the dyno.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I may just leave stock for now if it all lines up well or can be slightly modified. We do have emissions every other years so I have to add some cats to the Y pipe. On the plus side my gvwr is high enough that it doesn’t go on the dyno.
Any inspections tho? Tune out the rear o2's and send it

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Curious how it works out for ya, I basically wanna mimick your engine mods. Longevity and the benefit of performance.
I’ll probably get them on in a few weeks. Going on a road trip later this week so didn’t have time. Contemplating just ordering cats now and getting them in right away.

Thread Info