🔧 BUILD IlikeMTB’s new whip thread V. BUILD THAT WALL ALREADY

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
What did you order? Just the pad for the steering wheel? I researched it two years ago but long forgot what I needed to add those.
It’s the buttons and the harness for said buttons. I think I paid $45 for both with the eBay 15% off. I’ll see if I can find the thread again. I’m terrible at saving links.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Even after some scrubbing and pressure washing there’s still residual. Plus I’ll be doing the same drive in a few weeks so that would be great. It’s not terrible at hiding scratches and dirt but bugs sure stick out on the front :rofl:

i will send you a PM

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
The border patrol trucks I thought were lifted/leveled. C.M. didnt have any good 4x4 municipality Tahoes?

I know you lowered your 3/4 ton. I thought the Tahoe and lowered truck would be about the same height?

I dig these Tahoes and have thought about getting one to daily ALOT

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The border patrol trucks I thought were lifted/leveled. C.M. didnt have any good 4x4 municipality Tahoes?

I know you lowered your 3/4 ton. I thought the Tahoe and lowered truck would be about the same height?

I dig these Tahoes and have thought about getting one to daily ALOT
Unless I spent $15k plus I wasn’t getting anything this nice. It’s got low hours, good condition and low miles.

I lowered it because I have a tall vehicle already and I wish it could be lower honestly but I don’t want to cut any more metal on it :rofl:

Also it’ll spend 90% if it’s time on pavement except for dirt roads to trail heads and maybe some soft roading here and there. I also dislike mall crawlers. It’ll probably end up about an inch lower than where it is now. We’ll see.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
So confirmed my Tahoe is indeed leveled AND now lowered :rofl:

I’ll be removing these spacers soon enough. Then cutting the rear bump stop brackets to get 3” more of travel.

c980b2ce448f7df4401ac02c38601aff.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
god I love dropped trucks and suv's It already looked like a nice stance in the last picture
It’s damn near exactly level right now but I feel like anything in the back will ass sag it. Ordered some helper bags too and depending on how much those spacers lower it, I still have a rear spring spacer I can take out to lower more. I like a little bit of rake, like an inch or so.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Thanks guys!

Changed rear diff oil today, was nice and clean. I don’t have g80 on my rpo list but thought just maybe something else was in there....:dnc: open diff.

Also swapped rear speakers and turns out that’s all it was. No cut wires after all.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Looks awesome. However I am surprised you have an open diff... I should have went white! Do you have a hitch?
I’m surprised it’s an open diff too. This thing has for sure seen some off-roading with how much dirt and shit packed underneath.

It’s got a factory hitch and trailer brake, which I also found an odd add on.

You need to start a thread.

Thread Info