3800 ilgpc

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Hello All

I have been carrying the site for some time. I already paid the yearly renewal for the domain, and the software that runs the forums. I also have paid the web hosting bill for years, and that was over 100 a month (dedicated server.)

Now I am hosting it here, and the hundreds per month month is no longer a factor (except for the cost of the T1 line, but I use that for other things as well)

It has always remained a free club (of course, what other kind would their be, of this type) I really need people to help out monetarily.

The last donation that I received was on June 7th of Last year. The last "sponsor" we had, canceled the subscription he had in January.

If you are interested in helping keep the site alive, consider donating. If you have paypal, you can paypal to john at ilgpc.com.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to post them here.

John

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Dole:

I agree the club is a whole lot less active than it used to be. Many people have gotten rid of their GP's. According to board logs, we seem to do about 70 posts a day. So there is some activity. This is not like it was awhile ago, when we had an average of over 200 a day or more, but there are people here.

JET:

Yes I do have my Grand Prix. It sat in my yard for a year and a half, and I never drove it, but I have finally gotten off my butt and fixed it, and will drive it soon (gotta renew plates) I bought a Cadillac, so it is no longer my daily driver (hence why it was parked for so long)

In terms of my T1 line, I pay a rock bottom price for a Tier 1 provider, $354 per month to be exact.

Mike K:

I appreciate that, and as soon as I figure out how to send an invoice, I will do that.

John

Bk4293

Regular
Aug 31, 2008
Hey guys,m I'm kinda sorta new here. I do all sorts of shirts jackets and other things for different sites.
I run one of the most popular and good quality product for the Ford Contour Group over at www.contour.org

I'd be more than willing to start something up and donate 50% of the profits to the site. Of course there would be setup costs and things of that sort on the first order, but I can get some friends to help with logos and artwork so we wouldnt have to pay extra for all of that....

Just a thought...

Steve

I

imported_snoop

yeah i am still a gp driver, but as far as doing it up again or "modding" it, hell no. i cant see me spending all that money to brag about a 12 or maybe a 11 second pass. lol, you're kidding right? plus there are too many young yuppies on here with too much mommy and daddy money have one of them cough up some money.
i donated/supported the last time, and then i get threatened to get cancelled and/or dropped because i didnt post enough?! i knew this was gonna happen again.....
john, best of luck to you. i am sorry it is costing you so much money and i hope you get through this again. good luck boss....

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
yeah i am still a gp driver, but as far as doing it up again or "modding" it, hell no. i cant see me spending all that money to brag about a 12 or maybe a 11 second pass. lol, you're kidding right? plus there are too many young yuppies on here with too much mommy and daddy money have one of them cough up some money.

[/b]

HAHA! :lolsign:

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I still have my GP and Dont plan on getting rid of it.. I agree the site has fallen a little but there are still good people on here.. When I first came here I didnt know much about GPs besides they looked sweet and I really wanted one.. After I became active I met a TON of people and the help I got here was unbelieveable.. Im almost sure I can put something together to help out.. Might take a little time though cause of court but Im sure I can manage.. It is the least I can do for this club... ;)

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
thalord - I'm getting a quote for your tier 1 T1 through CallOne. My rep was on vacation and just got back - sorry it took this long.

Can you PM me the address and phone number of the location where this T1 will terminate?

Hopefully CallOne can beat your current subscriber pricing. They are the least expensive I know.

J.E.T.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
ill be donating a little bit soon...

i agree though that this site hasnt been nearly as active, once the new gp owners (16-18yr olds) find the site, things will get back up.

are there still club decals available? i think it would be a good idea to maybe offer a couple decals with every 10-20 dollar donation you recieve john. i know i would sport one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info