3800 ILGPC Christmas Party Details

F

fastcash

Originally posted by beyerch@Dec 5 2004, 01:34 PM
Sorry I never showed, but I was way too busy this year.  I don't think I put myself down as showing though since day one so hopefully I'm not on the "no show" list.

As far as events go IN GENERAL.  YOu will ALWAYS have people who do not show.  Its just how things work.  For that matter many large companies overbook for this particular reason.  Most airlines and hotels overbook because this is a normal occurance in life.  Its impossible for everyone to make everything they say they will.

In order to "cover your asses" for your event planning you need to at a minimum do the following.

#1 - ASSUME that 5 to 10% of the people will not show.  It just will always be a part of life, so plan on it. 
#2 - Because of #1, you should schedule your pricing for the event to take this into account. 
#3 - Make people pre-pay a non refundable deposit that will help offset shortages.
#4 - IF you have extra money left over, use it either to extend the hours of the event, offer better choices for the events, put it into the general "fund" for the next event, or split it up evenly and refund to those that went, or use it as a prize.

If you are proactive with the planning for the event, you can minimize any disappointement or disruption that the "no show-ers" can do to the event.

^^^^ - This is not implying that if you didn't do this, the planners did a poor job of planning, its just something to keep in mind for the NEXT event.

HTH
[snapback]62530[/snapback]​

WELL PUT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info