IL voters PLEASE READ

MEATeorite

Reaction score
I seriously hate politics, and dont even like posting this. But, our law makers are the best scam artists in the business, and they're banking on us not examining the fine print. Look carefully at the verbage in the tax referendums. They've written a couple referendums in deceitful and misleading double negatives (no = tax increase, yes = no tax increase). I just voted in Kendall county yesterday and after those two, the subsequent referendum (only Kendall county if i recall right) was written properly (no = no tax increase, yes = tax increase).

Its very obvious they did this intentionally. They're hoping that people will be in a rush and not have their best comprehension and judgement on what they are voting on.

I'm gonna put on the brakes before i go on a tirade about this state's government.IMG_08651.jpeg

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Good point, the POS corrupt conmen hope we don't read what we vote on, and if we do,
they know enough of us are too stupid to know what oppose means!!!!

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
I usually dont chime in on this stuff, but if you are blindly voting without reading then shame on you. Just like anything else in life you should read, think, respond instead of the opposite.

Are there really people out there that automatically vote yes or no without reading the ballot?

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

They know fools & morons will notice the part that says tax increase and vote NO.
So they stick in the oppose and get the votes they want to SPEND SPEND SPEND and then claim the people demanded it!!!

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are there really people out there that automatically vote yes or no without reading the ballot?
People will vote for a person knowing nothing about them besides a R or D next to their name. Hell, people have been elected who are dead or gotten out the election but still won simply because the D or R next to their names....

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

It was on the news yesterday.
A candidate just died and they still expect him to win??

I know if Governor Rauner dies tomorrow, there would be no way in hell I vote for that corrupt slob.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
A Deceased Brothel Owner Is Still Likely to Win a Nevada Midterm
Dennis Hof’s candidacy does not automatically end despite the fact that he is no longer living

By RYAN BORT

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score

It was on the news yesterday.
A candidate just died and they still expect him to win??

I know if Governor Rauner dies tomorrow, there would be no way in hell I vote for that corrupt slob.

John Ashcroft lost the race for (governor I believe it was) office in Missouri to a dead man. Guy died in a plane crash.

OP
MEATeorite

MEATeorite

Reaction score
I usually dont chime in on this stuff, but if you are blindly voting without reading then shame on you. Just like anything else in life you should read, think, respond instead of the opposite.

100 percent agree with what you said, there really shouldn't be an excuse for it. But people rushed under circumstances (long wait in line to vote, hard day at work, commute home, etc) resort to skim reading and may not fully comprehend the referendum because it is worded in a misleading way. This kind of reminds me of the kind of thing that happens with terms and conditions agreements with google or apple, people just kind of skim read and assume.

Still unacceptable to not read it comprehensively and understand what you are voting for. However it is very unusual, atleast to me that a tax be proposed in the verbage of "yes" to NOT implement it and "no" to implement it. I just want people aware of the unusual way these tax referendums are worded.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
100 percent agree with what you said, there really shouldn't be an excuse for it. But people rushed under circumstances (long wait in line to vote, hard day at work, commute home, etc) resort to skim reading and may not fully comprehend the referendum because it is worded in a misleading way. This kind of reminds me of the kind of thing that happens with terms and conditions agreements with google or apple, people just kind of skim read and assume.

Still unacceptable to not read it comprehensively and understand what you are voting for. However it is very unusual, atleast to me that a tax be proposed in the verbage of "yes" to NOT implement it and "no" to implement it. I just want people aware of the unusual way these tax referendums are worded.
I think it's important to realize too that people's minds will think one thing even if it says another unless read carefully. Remember tests in school where they'd try to trip you up? Same sort of thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom