If you've always wanted a $100k pickup

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
:bowrofl: Is this the same company that said they are going to quit making the Camaro?

:trump:

Screw GM every single one of their vehicles are over priced.

Camaro: Negative profit per vehicle.

Silverado: 5 digit profit per vehicle. Also one that people are buying faster than you can screw them together.

If you're a business person and planning to actually stay in business, which option are you going with?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
An ad for a review of the HD right next to the article:

bMruIj0.png

Jesus christ that is such an awful looking truck.

On topic, no one wants a fucking $100k truck. No one. Literally nobody I know says "you know what I'd love to spend one hundred thousand dollars on? A depreciating asset."

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Camaro: Negative profit per vehicle.

Silverado: 5 digit profit per vehicle. Also one that people are buying faster than you can screw them together.

If you're a business person and planning to actually stay in business, which option are you going with?

You must have hit your head last week the articles were Silverado is 3rd in the truck segment and sales are struggling.

Even Dodge is ahead according to articles last week.........

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
You must have hit your head last week the articles were Silverado is 3rd in the truck segment and sales are struggling.

Even Dodge is ahead according to articles last week.........

Have to remember to combine the Silverado and the Sierra sales. The F-series truck sales figures include the HD. There's some game playing with the sales figures. GM is selling plenty of trucks.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
But GM is still selling them at a rate that Camaro's aren't.

One of the reasons, if I also recall from reading "articles" is that the sales slow down was also due to the switch over to the new Silverado and they were catching up.

Right from GM;
Availability of all-new regular-cab and double-cab pickups was very limited during the quarter due to launch timing, but full production of all cab styles started in March and they currently are arriving in dealer showrooms.

Here are the real 1st quarter 2019 stats FROM GM.

First-quarter 2019 average transaction prices for GM's all-new, light-duty pickups were $8,040 higher compared to their outgoing models in the first quarter of 2018, with the GMC Sierra leading the segment, according to J.D. Power PIN estimates.

Combined sales of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 crew cabs — the first of the company’s all-new full-size pickups to launch — were up 20 percent year over year.

Crew-cab production mix is currently running above 70 percent to meet strong customer demand, up 10 percentage points on average from the previous-generation trucks.

More than 95 percent of the all-new GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab sales are high-end trims including SLT, AT4 and Denali.

So to summarize that, Sales are UP, ATP's are UP, Sales of bigger versions are UP, and 95+% of them being sold are the higher profit trim levels (driving those ATP's).

Furthermore;
We are bullish on pickups and expect to gain sales momentum throughout the year,” said McNeil. “We are installing capacity in Flint to build more HD pickups in total, more crew cab models, more dualies and diesel models, too, all in response to dealer and customer demand.

I don't see the same kind of fawning over the Camaro.

So again, if you're a business person, planning to stay in business, which basket are you putting your eggs in to?

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Looking at that chart that Kensington posted, is in line with the GM deliveries I have.

800k GM Silverado's and Sierra's at the end of 2018, broken down by Quarters is 200k a quarter, which is on par with Q1 2019 (which is slightly less, but factoring in the limited availability and any seasonality)...

By way of comparison, GM has delivered 12,083 Camaro's in Q1.

12k vs. 200k

Hmmm...

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
An ad for a review of the HD right next to the article:

bMruIj0.png

Jesus christ that is such an awful looking truck.

On topic, no one wants a fucking $100k truck. No one. Literally nobody I know says "you know what I'd love to spend one hundred thousand dollars on? A depreciating asset."

omg The new shit keeps getting worse and worse. For 100K I think I'd just put a new interior and 800hp powertrain in my Escalade, pay of half my house and be done with it! Well plus a bit of body work but still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info