If you weigh down your fish, youre gonna have a bad time

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
All those years every one knew something was fishy

I bet theyre feeling the weight of the situation now....

giphy.gif

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
How did they get caught is my question? Someone tipped someone off?

I was reading an article on this and apparently there has always been suspicions surrounding this guy and his teammate as their fishes often seemed heavy for their size. I guess in this instance the judge grabbed a fish and felt a hard object, the lead weight, in its belly which prompted him to cut it open.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
These guys are going to face theft by deception charges probably. This is nothing new, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if cheating in fishing was fairly common, maybe not as much as cheating in street racing but still common. Then again street racers kind of expect the people they race to be omitting things about their setup in the race.

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/wisconsin-anglers-convicted-of-cheating-in-fishing-tournament

https://www.espn.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?id=2870012

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I used to fish tournaments with my father in a his Ranger.Shit is serious business.

If that happened on some of the backwoods places we fished down South they would had kicked the dudes ass and sunk his boat.

I’ve seen old dudes have fist fights over who got to the honey hole first. And no I don’t mean Mook Mook ’s sweet prison wallet.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
2nd place fishes were 16lbs. These guys turned in fishes weighing a total of 33lbs ??

I read that in a previous competition, they came in first and their fish were 8 lbs. more than second place. But then the weight difference between the second place guys and like 10th place was only 2 lbs. So they were huge outliers. They also failed a polygraph exam last year. So obviously people knew they were full of shit for a white.

Reactions: Great White Drake
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info