3800 If modern civilization ended...would you survive?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
So yea i just watched the movie "Day after tomorrow", the one about the northern hemisphere being sent through an ice-age....because of global warming.

So I was thinking, how many people would actually survive something like that. I feel that I have a good amount of survival knowledge, and that I would survive this type of situation. Or any other situation were modern technology is lost and everything is about survival.

Like what if an EMP WMD was detonated and it wiped out all things electrical on the planet. Thats when I go to the parents basement, grap the scoped 22 and 12 gauge, and start making some extra ammo :D

I've hunted, camped, and fished throughout my childhood.

Or or...what if the "28 days" thing happened where zombies took over. Could you turn into a killing machine.....

ok...i think im getting carried away :p

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Dude, if you're grabbing for ammo because of an EMP then YOU are exactly why this country wouldn't survive something like that. That being the case, actually I don't think you'd really survive because you'd be the psycho "this is my property line" guy who'd be wasted in a sec!!

As far as the zombie thing goes though.... yeah... it'd be Road Warrior city for me....
LOL

Ironman John

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If it were zombies, I'd head for an lower populated state with a lot of natural resources. Like possibly Montana or something.

EMP; prolly just sit tight...don't think it would have much effect.

Ice age?; never happen...at least not like the movie. I think a lot of people in Colorado may turn to eat Eric Roberts though...LOL

You forgot to mention the one thing that will most likely happen...near-Earth asteroid hitting us. Not much you can do about that one.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by staceyyearsich@Nov 1 2004, 01:44 PM
What if Jamanjee really happened and u turned into a mouse?
[snapback]58850[/snapback]​

And here comes Stacey from right field!!

Of course I would make friends with the neigborhood cat, find me a cheese stash, and a lady mouse to make little mice with...

We'd be a happy mouse family.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by Mike K+Nov 1 2004, 01:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Nov 1 2004, 01:44 PM

Of course I would make friends with the neigborhood cat, find me a cheese stash, and a lady mouse to make little mice with...

[snapback]58851[/snapback]​
[/b]
until you get sent into space by Homer Simpson, and your wife eats a few of the kidz :lolsign:

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Dude, if you're grabbing for ammo because of an EMP then YOU are exactly why this country wouldn't survive something like that.

What you talking about? If all electronics where destroyed...what do you think would happen? There would be rioting everywhere. The police wouldnt be able to drive anywhere...and well it would go on a "survival of the fittest" type of society.

And the fittest have guns. :D Am I going to shoot anyone who comes onto my property.....NO....but am I going to be ready to protect myself...and hunt for food......YES..

You forgot to mention the one thing that will most likely happen...near-Earth asteroid hitting us. Not much you can do about that one.

Thats when you find the girl....and go crazy :p

Id learn how to swim..because cats hate water :p

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by MrT+Nov 1 2004, 04:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Mike K@Nov 1 2004, 01:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Nov 1 2004, 01:44 PM

[snapback]58851[/snapback]​
until you get sent into space by Homer Simpson, and your wife eats a few of the kidz :lolsign:
[snapback]58866[/snapback]​
[/b]

What can I even say to this??? :lol: This thread has taken such a random turn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info