• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Idle at 1400

Chris87Supra

Jun 3, 2016
Hello.
Looking for someone that I can meet up with the help me diagnose why my car idles at 1400. I want it down around 750-800rpm.

Its a 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo. Has a HKS piggy back ECU and a boost controller whether that matters or not.

I am just not sure whats going on here. At one point it would start out at 800 but when it warmed up, it would idle to 1000.

The other day I went to coffee and cars and when I went to leave it was pulsating from 1400 to 2000. I finally stopped and shut it off then when I restarted it later, it was fine but now its at 1400 RPM.

I am not knowledgeable with fuel, air or vacuum stuff and am seeking someone that can help me get this running right for some cash if you want.

Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Chris87Supra
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list