Idle at 1400

Chris87Supra

Reaction score
Hello.
Looking for someone that I can meet up with the help me diagnose why my car idles at 1400. I want it down around 750-800rpm.

Its a 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo. Has a HKS piggy back ECU and a boost controller whether that matters or not.

I am just not sure whats going on here. At one point it would start out at 800 but when it warmed up, it would idle to 1000.

The other day I went to coffee and cars and when I went to leave it was pulsating from 1400 to 2000. I finally stopped and shut it off then when I restarted it later, it was fine but now its at 1400 RPM.

I am not knowledgeable with fuel, air or vacuum stuff and am seeking someone that can help me get this running right for some cash if you want.

Chris

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
shits broke, quick, install lsx engine.

/thread.

but for real, i have no idea, have you checked for vacuum leaks, and such?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Chris, we talked on Sunday.

If you cant get it sorted out just by some trial and error, hit up the shop I told you about.

Chris87Supra

Reaction score
Heya Mook...I did send them a message last Monday. They never replied. Hoping to make the cruise in tonight.
Maybe pull their ear some and they can check their website message? haha

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Strange, theyre pretty good about replying. Ill check and make sure they got it. Did you email them or message them via their FB?

You messaged them this last Monday (this week)?

Chris87Supra

Reaction score
Messaged them via their website. Not the Facebook site. Maybe it didn't go through.

Just gets frustrating when you just want to cruise around and enjoy life and little goofy crap makes you nervous to drive away from the house in fear of $125 tow bill...haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom