OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The gummy bears I ordered showed up!!

Oh and they also threw some spacers in the box as well. I really need to find more reasons to order from Bimmerworld.

Got my wheel bolts also. Yay more removing/replacing wheels this weekend! I feel like I could audition for a spot on a pit crew by now.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
You keep all these different bolts in boxes with the size written on them or how do you keep them straight?

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
You keep all these different bolts in boxes with the size written on them or how do you keep them straight?
My stock bolts are just in a ziplock bag right now, the bolts that came w/ my BMS spacers had their own packaging that have their sizes labeled on them, so I just returned those bolts to their packages. My apex bolts that I have on the rears now, i'll probably just toss those in their own bag also :LOL: They're all stock length bolts anyways. The only ones i need to make sure I dont mix up are the ones that go to my 12 and 15mm spacers

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got my rear 5mm spacers on today. Definitely a nice improvement. I actually wouldn't mind a TINY bit more poke, but if I go up to a 10mm I still think that would be too much, considering how the 12mm looked when I tested that. I'm happy with this for now tho.

And EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 , both my cars, in sunlight, at the same time!! 😲

And by itself

And I also did figure out what was rubbing in front, and I was wrong, it appears my tires are just kissing the inside lip of the fenders when I go over bigger bumps. It's not major, hasn't cut into the tires or anything, but now I need to figure something out. Don't really wanna raise the fronts more than I have now. Might have to look into how to roll the front fenders. Never done that before.

Drivers side

Passenger side

You can KINDA see a line where its rubbed on the tire.

Luckily most of the roads I drive on are smooth. I just need to watch it in a couple spots until I figure out how to rectify this.

greasy

2021 Player Hater Nominee
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks great Paul, looks like it is rubbing in a pretty small area. The way I did the rear fenders on the Mustang was with a heat gun and a dead blow hammer. Take your time and make small movements with the fender.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I can’t keep up with your spacers, do you have them on in the front?
:LOL: Yes, I'm on 5mm all around now

Looks great Paul, looks like it is rubbing in a pretty small area. The way I did the rear fenders on the Mustang was with a heat gun and a dead blow hammer. Take your time and make small movements with the fender.
Interesting. Thanks for the tip. Gonna have to start doing some research

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well I just moved it 8 feet, so I think thats good for about another 10 years of ownership.

greasy

Donating Member
Reaction score
:LOL: Yes, I'm on 5mm all around now
Do you need to be on a 5mm spacer in the front? That could save your fender work right there. Also the rears are tucked slightly more so in theory your could remove the front spacer and match the rears right now?

Ok good. I don’t feel responsible for 235’s rubbing then :rofl:.
I am holding you financially responsible for any body damage that may occur.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Or depending how picky you are, go to a 2-3mm spacer if that will clear.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
2-3mm in front and 7mm in the rears.

Because I want someone else to buy the same part over and over again like myself. :rofl:

I think the car looks great. But the correct spacers above and should be money. Mainly getting the rears out more.

Also, do you have max camber upfront? I think I read somewhere you had maxed that out as far as stock parts will allow.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Do you need to be on a 5mm spacer in the front? That could save your fender work right there. Also the rears are tucked slightly more so in theory your could remove the front spacer and match the rears right now?
2-3mm in front and 7mm in the rears.

Because I want someone else to buy the same part over and over again like myself. :rofl:

I think the car looks great. But the correct spacers above and should be money. Mainly getting the rears out more.

Also, do you have max camber upfront? I think I read somewhere you had maxed that out as far as stock parts will allow.
I need the front spacers for inner clearance, definitely w/ the 235 tire. I'm not sure if I could drop down to a 3mm w/out any issues or not....... As for the rears, the only smaller sizes Apex and Bimmerworld make are 3mm and 5mm. Turner Motorsport does sell a 7.5mm... But god I do not wanna buy any more spacers :LOL:

Not sure what my camber is at up front, I'd probably need to get camber plates if I wanted to mess w/ that any further

greasy

Donating Member
Reaction score
I need the front spacers for inner clearance, definitely w/ the 235 tire. I'm not sure if I could drop down to a 3mm w/out any issues or not....... As for the rears, the only smaller sizes Apex and Bimmerworld make are 3mm and 5mm. Turner Motorsport does sell a 7.5mm... But god I do not wanna buy any more spacers :LOL:

Not sure what my camber is at up front, I'd probably need to get camber plates if I wanted to mess w/ that any further
You mean buy more gummy bears?

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Turner does have a spacer test kit you can "rent" to try out different sizes. It's $132 to rent it, but when you return it you only get $110 back as store credit. Bleh

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Was bored the other night looking thru amazon, and came across a shifter paddle set I thought I'd give a try. They were only 58 bucks and its the entire assembly, not some cheesy stick on junk that you just paste to the back of your existing paddle. They're not fancy carbon fiber or anything but they look factory and a little sportier than the stock paddles IMO. For 58 bucks I thought why not give em a shot.

gotta pop the airbag out to get at em, but they're only held in by 1 T20 torx screw. There's a couple methods of swapping out paddles in these cars, and one involves keeping the stock actuators and just swapping the paddle on, which i tried first, but it was not to be. The paddles are held on by a little plastic pin thats smaller on end than the other. You just pop the pin out and the paddle comes off. Well of course with these paddles the ends were the opposite way, so I could not slide the pin back in with the stock actuators, so everything had to come out. Oh well.

New on left, stock on right

And all done!

Went out for a quick test drive. I'll have to give these some more use before I decide how I really feel about em. They do feel good, but you pretty much have to pull them in the middle where the actuator is. If you try and pull them up near the top, they just dont have the movement to press in the actuator. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a taller paddle, but meh. Even more odd......if I pull the downshift paddle near the top, it will sometimes UPshift the car........ I can't explain that one. But its perfect if you're right in the middle of the paddle.

Again, for 58 bucks they were worth a shot for me. I do like how they look, and I only occasionally use the paddles when I'm feeling extra sporty. If I get tired of them it really doesn't take that much time to swap the stock ones back in.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
My stick on ones engage shifts no matter where I pull them :io:

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The adhesive would probably melt off mine after 1 day in the sun out here. I need something solid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom