Drag to reposition cover

BUILD IDAFC21's 2014 BMW M235i

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Donating Member
Reaction score
And DanJ DanJ I am glad I went w/ 235's. Tho we'll see once I actually put them on the car :LOL:

Now since there's one last 90% chance of rain tomorrow, all thats left is to let my horribly filthy car get even filthier, and then hope that it all clears out this weekend so I can clean and coat the new wheels, wash my car finally, get the new wheels on which will hopefully fit like a glove, and then clean up my stock wheels and bag them up for.........i don't know what Im going to do with them.

Once I get past all this I really need to get planning on getting this things paint corrected and coated again. It's a hot mess and i really need to get it done before its hits triple digit temps again.
OMG, so glad I saw the update, good shit they are all here

What size wheel is that with the 235/40/18 installed? 18x8.5? I'm about to order this same tire and size for my 18s and those look plenty meaty!

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it’s deceiving. Not sure if those Michelin’s have that lip saver feature because it does look meaty where it meets the wheel, but the sidewalks are still sloping in towards the tread.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it’s deceiving. Not sure if those Michelin’s have that lip saver feature because it does look meaty where it meets the wheel, but the sidewalks are still sloping in towards the tread.
I see what you mean, looks a million times more natural than the lip saver feature on like pirellis, its such an eyesore imho

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Went out for a bit of a test fit earlier! The results were mostly encouraging. I lost a lot of gap in the front wheels. Maybe I didn't take into account that fresh tires have more meat on them then the bald shit I've been driving around with. Rear gap appears to be nearly the same surprisingly

front

rear

Front poke seems pretty good w/ the 5mm spacers. And I definitely would have neeeded them anyways because inner clearance is TIGHT. Guess Apex knows what they're talking about.

Rears do actually sit a tiny bit further in than my stock wheels did w/ the spacers, which actually lines up w/ what I was seeing from the wheel calculator you all kindly pointed me to. I didnt think of trying it this morning, but when I go to throw these back on, I may toss one of my 5mm spacers in the rear to see how that looks. I think a 3-5mm spacer in the rear will make it about perfect. Or I could throw my now spare 10 or 15mm spacers back on the rear and really go for it :ROFLMAO: Rear inner clearance is also pretty tight in a couple small areas of the inner fender lining. Hoping that wont be an issue. Also another excuse to put spacers on the rear as well

The fronts tho. I really think im gonna have to raise them up another half inch. This is really more where I'd like to be, and it would be more even w/ the rears

Now tho. I need to get some lunch in me. Then I'll go back out, give the new wheels a quick clean so those can start drying out, then wash my filthy ass car now that the rain has finally gone, and hopefully later after that the new wheels will be fully dry and I can get them coated. I don't care if im out in the garage at 10pm doing it, those wheels will be coated tonight so they can get their 12 hour cure and I can get em slapped on the car tomorrow.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Ok, I move my vote to approval. Looks much better than I was expecting.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Definitely look better on the car. At first I thought you meant you were going to coat them on the car :rofl:.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

Car mostly clean. I'll finish that up tomorrow. Now I must get my wheels coated so they can cure overnight and be ready to slap on tomorrow. I have to go into work for a bit tomorrow too. This is gonna suck, I might actually have to get up early on a weekend.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have that flexibility with spacers. I’ve debated converting my car to studs for that reason. I already have 3 sets of wheel bolts and don’t feel like buying even more to run spacers. They seem trivial but when you’re buying 20 of them a good set of wheel bolts costs over $60 and I’d need different sizes for each spacer.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have that flexibility with spacers. I’ve debated converting my car to studs for that reason. I already have 3 sets of wheel bolts and don’t feel like buying even more to run spacers. They seem trivial but when you’re buying 20 of them a good set of wheel bolts costs over $60 and I’d need different sizes for each spacer.

At this point I now have all my stock wheel bolts. Wheel bolts sized for my 10mm spacers and my 15mm spacers. And when I bought these wheels I had to buy wheels bolts sized for 5mm spacers for the fronts, and I also bought a new set of stock length bolts for the rears because I just wanted them all matched. And now if I end up buying new spacers for my rears...... :LOL:

But the wheels are all coated and will be ready to rock and roll tomorrow after I get my shit done at work.

And christ almighty I need to get more active in my daily life. My lower back is already SCREAMING at me from crouching over these motherfuckers all day. Tomorrow is going to be unpleasant. For now I shall kill it with alcohol.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You have a pool, use that.

OP
IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah it gets down into the upper 30's at night right now. Unless I want to use it cure my pain with hypothermia, I aint going near it.

DanJ

>
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Didn’t know BMW used bolts too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom