🔧 BUILD IceCreamAssassin's Turbo Coprice goes to the dyno and makes some jam - 1000 WHP here we come

General Information

So I guess I’ll back up a little first. Near the end of last summer I had some dollars saved up and called Bob at next gen to ask what he suggested. Well he basically said to give him dollars and he would give me four digits. So I got an iron block 6.0 with just basic bitch built bottom end and ordered a 78/80 turbo. Well of course I waited till late winter to even start the project and by then as we all know things took longer to get done. My cousin who is a mechanic at BlackDog speed shop helped me a bunch and Bob is awesome with answering all my late texts and calls for help to questions.

So basically I have:
-built bottom end
-bigger injectors
-resurfaced heads
-new fancy lifters and pushrods
Other than that everything is basically the same motor wise. I also changed the diff, put in beefy motor and trans mounts, and V6 brakes to help clear the future 15” wheels.
When I went to install the new turbo there was a small issue which I needed to send it back for, so I decided to just have Bob tune it with the current turbo and then we can compare it with the new one once that is done.

Cliffs: same turbo, built-ish motor, all the boosts.

On 93 I had him be really conservative in case I can only find 91 while out taking trips and she made 557whp

Then was time for the fun E85 stuff and man am I super happy with this car and how everything turned out. With the baby 75/76 turbo she ripped 978whp. It’s easily over 1000hp if I was to take the air filter off or put real exhaust on the car. I’m so pumped with the car right now.

DF5BB074-4E04-49F0-B1D7-616E48C3BE54.png

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
So this is just where you use liquid nails and a paint roller right?

Kind of curious were those the original heads and bolts? Find anything odd with breakaway torque during teardown?

How many beans ya give it to blowtorch em? what like 4 cylinders from the looks
Original heads, arp head studs, probably about 19psi on 93 instead of E85 which is probably my problem.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It sat all winter with E85 in it so I was just running a tank of 93 to clean it all out to put fresh E in it before track day
I used to have a fitting rigged up to unhook the fuel line at the rail and run the pumps to drain the tank

IceCreamAssassin

TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I used to have a fitting rigged up to unhook the fuel line at the rail and run the pumps to drain the tank
Solid idea for sure! Would be great for when switching back too so I don’t have to worry about driving till it’s as close to empty as can be before filling with E again.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Except most in tank oe config pumps run really hot when the fuel level gets below a quarter tank....

I've never had a problem with quarter tank switch over as your fuel. Trims will easily adapt up to sixteen percent.... 2nd fill up I just reset the trims again and I'm good.
It takes like 5 minutes to drain the tank they don’t get that hot doing that a couple times a year

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
No you're right. I'm thinking with return systems where the engine is heating the fuel returning to the canister. The pump will get awfully hot at the last bit of the tank
I experienced that in the mustang on a long trip almost didn’t make it home was so low in gas for shits I felt the tank and the fuel that was left in it was hot like 100+°

IceCreamAssassin

TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Except most in tank oe config pumps run really hot when the fuel level gets below a quarter tank....

I've never had a problem with quarter tank switch over as your fuel. Trims will easily adapt up to sixteen percent.... 2nd fill up I just reset the trims again and I'm good.
I’m not worried about the fuel trim, just the ant the highest available E content for all the boosts

Thread Info