IBEW LOCAL 134

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Typically Carpenters, Laborer's, Painters and Bricklayer Union's are not all that hard to get into... They hand out Cards like candy in a parade at least they did when I was in. And yes there are lot's of "Dumbass Hack's" who know someone high up who got them in and keep them there in all of the other Union's...

When I got in local 73 I bypassed the hall and applied at a Union shop. I did a skill's test for them as I had 7 years non union experience out of highschool in that field. They signed me as pre-apprentice for 60 days and paid me 80% of Journeyman Scale. After the 60 days period they saw my skill/knowledge and signed me @4th year & 6 months after that I was running circles around damn near all their top guys so they bumped my pay to Journeyman scale as they didn't want me to leave and wanted me to run jobsites. So I called my Business Agent and told him the situation and he wanted me to have my Journeyman's Card and pay journeyman dues vs. 4th years dues... Played out just like I wanted it to as I knew that I wanted my Journeyman's Card so I could leave and go to any shop without having loose rank/pay if there was a layoff in winter so I was happy to pay a little bit more in dues. Been out for a number of years but might make a phone call to get back in and it would be a simple phone call because now my old B.A. is the President of the Union and would easily remember me.

Which trade ?

Also, I simply signed up for 134. Turned in all the paperwork. Took the 400 question test, and got a nice piece of mail a few weeks later. Just gotta be very good at math :cool:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Local 134?

how long ago?

were they shitheads that were constantly getting fired because of tardiness/attitude, and the like?

I dont know ANYONE, and I got in :wavey:
Yes 134

They are all Journeyman now so between 6-8 years ago.

Actually no, all solid workers. Not saying they were layed off for super long periods. But all were layed off a month at the most here and there.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Typically Carpenters, Laborer's, Painters and Bricklayer Union's are not all that hard to get into... They hand out Cards like candy in a parade at least they did when I was in.
Can’t speak on any other trades. But carpenters, you can buy a carpenters card for $1000. Not gonna say what county or what local. But it’s only a phone call away and you have a card in about 3-4 weeks.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Lots of jobs out there. Glad to see the trades looking. From what I've seen, most of the manufacturing industries need newbies. Seems like we are finally building stuff again.

Thanks Trump!

Now tell those unions to quit supporting damn democrats!

My buddy is a sheet metal worker and they were handing out Hillary signs during the election (since she was for them - yeah right). He took a bunch and they ended up in my yard as a prank!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info