I went to register my SXS in wyoming, so it can be street legal there

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In a few weeks, I'll be in Wyoming with my SXS.

utv's can EASILY be made street legal out there, on all roads, except interstates.

so i went through the steps, submitted the forms.

lady called me last night.... $435.

:trump::trump::trump:

since wyoming doesn't tax much/many things.

they RAPE people on first year registration on new vehicles, following year it goes down 50%, next year to 40%, again, cheaper, etc.

but holy fuck, i wonder what the ticket would be as I'm leaning more the "ask forgiveness" than permission route at this point.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
In a few weeks, I'll be in Wyoming with my SXS.

utv's can EASILY be made street legal out there, on all roads, except interstates.

so i went through the steps, submitted the forms.

lady called me last night.... $435.

:trump::trump::trump:

since wyoming doesn't tax much/many things.

they RAPE people on first year registration on new vehicles, following year it goes down 50%, next year to 40%, again, cheaper, etc.

but holy fuck, i wonder what the ticket would be as I'm leaning more the "ask forgiveness" than permission route at this point.

Ask for forgiveness.
I'd play the I'm from out of State and didnt know better move on this one.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I have a few ideas.

1. is the forgiveness route- im going to call the sheriff's office and talk this over- ask about the consequences... i mean i'm looking to drive it 3-4 days, it's totally legal and alright there, i can't reason paying $400+ to do it though...

2. it is registered in wisconsin with a wisconsin registration plate- im going to ask if there'd be any carry-over, and if this would be legit, as i check all of their other "legal" boxes for out there.

3. they offer a "worker temporary permit" sticker/plate(? )

Temporary Decals
Certain temporary workers in Wyoming may choose to receive a temporary decal from a Wyoming county treasurer in lieu of a registration. To qualify for the decal, the temporary worker must be employed in the state for 90 days or less, and have a valid registration or license plate from another jurisdiction.

The temporary decal is an alternative to a temporary registration allowed under 31-2-206(m). The applicant will pay $50.00 per 30 day period – with a choice of 30, 60, or 90 days, and the fee will be credited to the county general fund. No one may receive more than one decal in any twelve month period.

this is how they calculate registration out there

Year of Service Rates
The year of service rate, also know as the valuation percentage, is determined by how many years the vehicle has been registered for use.

Service Rates are:

Service Rate

1st year 60%
2nd year 50%
3rd year 40%
4th year 30%
5th year 20%
6th year 15%

Example Calculation

Therefore, a new vehicle having a factory cost of $20,000 could have a county fee of $360:

$20,000.00
X 60%
X .03

State Fee

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
trail permit only allows trail rippin out there

i got the wyoming one of those already.

with that and being "street legal" pretty good to go.

it's not like getting pulled over on a real road is as much of a concern as a "county highway" which is a dirt track 6' wide trail in the desert and comin' up on a sheriff on a quad or something.

unlikely but possible.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Can you register it in South Dakota? I know they'll plate pretty much any dirtbike and I think quads too...And they're known for cheap registration fees.

I've seen quads, side-by-sides, etc, registered there the last time I was in Sioux Falls... but then again, that was 2012...

Wyoming always sounded like the type of place that didn't give a flying fuck.

They have the lowest population per square mile of all of the states... not too many people to actually give a flying fuck anyways...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info