I was TODAY years old when I...

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Saw (and killed) the biggest goddamn bee/hornet whatever I've ever seen. It looks like it was a Cicada Killer. The pic is not mine, but the size comparison is correct. It was so fucking big, it was easily the size/length of my pointer finger. Made the hair on my body stand on end. It was trapped in our screened room. I had to use some hornet killer that I sprayed at it from across the room, maybe 10 feet away. Took care of it quick, but holy shit this was HUGE and scary. I was able to get ahold of it after it was dead like an hour and its "stinger" was out. And it wasnt a stinger it was A FUCKING SPIKE. After further review, there appears to be a swarm of these monsters on the blind side of our house in between our house and the neighbors. We decided to call an exterminator tomorrow, but they are fucking scary guys. I dont remember EVER seeing a bee or bumble bee this big EVER. Anyone else seen these???

1629691384119.png

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Not sure if thats quite as big as the wasp's/hornets that used to burrow into the ground in our front porch/patio at the house I grew up in, but those fuckers would capture and kill full size grasshoppers and bring them back to feed on. Much gasoline was dumped down those holes.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Saw (and killed) the biggest goddamn bee/hornet whatever I've ever seen. It looks like it was a Cicada Killer. The pic is not mine, but the size comparison is correct. It was so fucking big, it was easily the size/length of my pointer finger. Made the hair on my body stand on end. It was trapped in our screened room. I had to use some hornet killer that I sprayed at it from across the room, maybe 10 feet away. Took care of it quick, but holy shit this was HUGE and scary. I was able to get ahold of it after it was dead like an hour and its "stinger" was out. And it wasnt a stinger it was A FUCKING SPIKE. After further review, there appears to be a swarm of these monsters on the blind side of our house in between our house and the neighbors. We decided to call an exterminator tomorrow, but they are fucking scary guys. I dont remember EVER seeing a bee or bumble bee this big EVER. Anyone else seen these???

View attachment 97943
See if you can get some photos after the exterminator has done their work, and identified what they are.

I’m curious if it’s one of the animals that they tested on Kings Of Pain (History Channel).

Reactions: ZXMustang

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I don't think they bother people at all the are huge though we had some nest of them around the pipeline storage field when i worked there, they burrow under the ground, I currently have these giant black/purple hornet looking things that come out of the crack in my sidewalk hasn't bothered anybody yet but the look scary

Reactions: Maro

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I don't think they bother people at all the are huge though we had some nest of them around the pipeline storage field when i worked there, they burrow under the ground, I currently have these giant black/purple hornet looking things that come out of the crack in my sidewalk hasn't bothered anybody yet but the look scary
Mud Daubers?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
We get the black ones too. They aren't aggressive like most wasps or hornets can be, so I usually let them be. I've seen a few cicada killers flying around the house too. That's pretty normal for this time of the year. I also leave them alone, as they never bother people if you don't mess with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info