I was absolutely flabbergasted

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So there's a new CREW car wash in St. John....

I roll up and they say they CANNOT wash SHO's....

I tried to look through the mask to see if it was someone I knew that was fucking with me... Nope..

They cannot wash them due to the side badges "ripping off and getting stuck in the brushes and destroying the car"...

I'm literally speechless.. I told them I've been to the Merrillville one 2 times and never a word said... I said just send it who cares. Manager came over and said absolutely not

giphy.gif

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Couldn’t imagine taking any vehicle to one of those paint destroyers

Have never gone through a car wash with any vehicle I’ve ever owned, never will. Rather have a dirty car

This. I have only went through a car wash that was completely touchless, and that's in the winter just to remove the salt on a daily.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Sadly true touchless seem to be too far and few in between. I'd use one during the winter to rinse the salt off. But there really aren't any near me.

There was the Busy Bee car-wash, but that seems to have moved from a DIY to touch wash.

And the only other one I know of is the one off Army Trail and Glen Ellyn.

There is one near Nerge & 53. But that only takes tokens, and half the time the machine that changes money to tokens is broken.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

Apparently they get stuck in the brushes and bash the shit out of your car :rofl:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Who’s got time to rub all up on their car all the time? That shit is weird.
Especially me for winter.. I get my water from the well house which I shut down in winter.

I could run a hose from tankless hot water heater to the barn. But then again I have one floor drain and barn is usually packed come winter...

Makes sense to run it through a wash in salty snowy conditions. I could wash at work also, but also a PITA as shop is always full.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info